What are the unknown functions and variables in this Mathematica program?

• Thread starter Reem Hashem
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Mathematica
In summary, the speaker is seeking assistance with a Mathematica program and has provided a detailed explanation in a PDF document. They ask several questions regarding the variables and equations in their program. They also express confusion and ask if the recipient would be able to understand their problem based on the initial information provided. They also mention being confused by the previous replies.
Reem Hashem
Hello Mr Bill, Sorry again If I distrubed you ,but i really need your help in solving my Mathematica program , I wrote the explanation of my job in the PDF in details ,may that help you to understand what Iam looking for ,and thank you again of your help.

Attachments

• The explanation of my project.pdf
    297.9 KB · Views: 389
Physics news on Phys.org
Just looking at your pdf document.
Is D a variable or some unknown function?
Is U a variable or some unknown function?
Are what look like powers of D actually powers of D or are then n'th derivatives of something?
Are I and i both Sqrt[-1]?
"At x=0&1" where is x? There is no x in any of your equations.
"U=D U=V=0", If U is zero then D U must be zero, or do you mean something else?
"at h=0", can we just eliminate the h Sqrt[t] then?
"V=V1+V2", do you mean V=V1+I*V2?
I could come up with more and more questions like this.

IF a student mailed you that first dozen lines and you had not already spent days or weeks learning about this problem would you be able to figure out what this student was trying to do?
How would you imagine the student gets from two simple equations to 36 differential equations?

I am more confused with each reply

Last edited:

Related to What are the unknown functions and variables in this Mathematica program?

1. How do I get started with Mathematica?

To get started with Mathematica, you can download the software from the official website and install it on your computer. Once installed, you can refer to the documentation or take online tutorials to learn the basics of using Mathematica.

2. Can I use Mathematica for data analysis and visualization?

Yes, Mathematica is a powerful tool for data analysis and visualization. It has built-in functions for statistical analysis, machine learning, and creating interactive data visualizations.

3. Can I integrate Mathematica with other programming languages?

Yes, Mathematica supports integration with other programming languages such as C, Java, and Python. This allows for more flexibility and allows you to use the strengths of each language in your projects.

4. Is it possible to create custom functions and packages in Mathematica?

Yes, Mathematica allows you to create your own custom functions and packages using its Wolfram Language. This can be useful for automating repetitive tasks or creating specialized tools for your specific needs.

5. Can Mathematica be used for symbolic computations and solving equations?

Yes, Mathematica excels at symbolic computations and can solve complex mathematical equations and systems of equations. It also has built-in functions for calculus, linear algebra, and other mathematical operations.