What are the specs and features of the OQO ultra-mini computer?

• Thread starter The_Professional
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Computer
In summary, the OQO is a portable computer that combines the features of a notebook and a PDA, running on Windows XP and priced at $2,000. It has a 1GHz processor, 20GB hard drive, 256MB RAM, and various connectivity options. However, some users have raised concerns about the price and included features, such as the need for an extra cable to connect to an external monitor and the limited RAM.
The_Professional
The OQO is a Windows XP based ultra-mini computer which combines the functionality of a notebook computer and the portability of a PDA.

This retails for about $2,000. I'd rather go for a 3 pound Dell than this. But this is just too sweeet. The price is a major factor in me not buying it.

Any thoughts..
http://www.oqo.com/hardware/specs/

* 1GHz Transmeta Crusoe™ TM5800 series processor
* 20GB hard drive (shock-mounted)
* 256MB DDR RAM
* Dimensions: 4.9" x 3.4" x .9"
* Weight: 14 ounces
* 800 x 480 W-VGA 5" transflective display (indoor / outdoor readable)
* Thumb keyboard with mouse buttons and TrackStik®
* 802.11b wireless
* Bluetooth®
* 4-pin FireWire® (1394)
* USB 1.1
* 3.5mm stereo headphone jack (supports stereo headphone or mono headset plus optional multimedia controller)
* Microphone
* Digital pen
* Removable lithium polymer battery
* Battery life 2-6 hours, depending on usage

Last edited by a moderator:
Computer science news on Phys.org
I read somewhere about IBM integrating a computer in a ring ... I'll try and find the article ...

That's not the smallest computer. I have a friend that uses a single neuron and he only uses that sometimes. :rolleyes:

I think that computer is kewl :)

Hi, I have 1 desktop and 2 laptops, along with a PDA. I have had my eye on this computer you are talking about and I am hoping for the price to drop as well.

For one thing if you want to hook up an external monitor then you need a extra cable that does not come with the computer. That I do not like.

I see know that it comes with tablet PC which is a definate plus for me. My second laptop has that and I love it.

Also all you get is 512 MB DDR RAM. Why not more since the money is so high priced?

All in all I agree with you... way too expensive for what you get.

Wow. The original thread is over 2-years old! Nice resurection, as the advent of "a laptop in a pocket" is certainly on the horizon.

Related to What are the specs and features of the OQO ultra-mini computer?

1. What is the smallest personal computer available on the market?

The smallest personal computer currently available on the market is the Raspberry Pi Zero. It measures only 65mm x 30mm x 5mm, making it smaller than a credit card.

2. What are the specifications of the smallest personal computer?

The Raspberry Pi Zero has a 1GHz single-core CPU, 512MB RAM, a microSD card slot for storage, and mini HDMI and micro USB ports for connectivity. It also has a 40-pin GPIO header for connecting external devices.

3. How much does the smallest personal computer cost?

The Raspberry Pi Zero is very affordable, with a retail price of only $5. However, additional accessories and components may be required for full functionality, which could increase the overall cost.

4. Can the smallest personal computer run a full operating system?

Yes, the Raspberry Pi Zero is capable of running a full operating system such as Raspbian, a version of Linux specifically designed for the Raspberry Pi. It can also run other operating systems such as Windows 10 IoT Core and various versions of Linux.

5. What are some potential uses for the smallest personal computer?

The Raspberry Pi Zero can be used for a variety of projects, including creating a retro gaming console, a media center, a home automation system, or a mini desktop computer. It is also popular for educational purposes, as it allows users to learn about coding and programming.

Back