What are the latest developments in cosmology and quantum physics?

• Thread starter Peter J Carroll
  • Start date
In summary, the latest developments in cosmology and quantum physics have revealed new insights into the origins and structure of the universe. Quantum mechanics has helped to explain the behavior of subatomic particles and their interactions, while cosmology has made significant progress in understanding the expansion of the universe and the existence of dark matter and dark energy. Theories such as string theory and the multiverse have also gained attention, offering potential explanations for some of the greatest mysteries in the field. Additionally, advancements in technology and observational techniques have allowed for more precise measurements and observations, enriching our understanding of the cosmos.
Peter J Carroll
How did you find PF?
Google search
Greetings members, I've been out of academia for decades since taking a degree at London Uni, but I have maintained a keen interest in all matters cosmological and quantum ever since. Now in retirement from business, I have devoted an increasing amount of time to bringing myself up to speed with developments in both fields and exploring some nagging questions about fundamentals and loose ends that have bothered me for some years.

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PhysicsForums! :smile: