What Are the Highest and Lowest Temperatures in Injection Moulding?

In summary, the conversation is about someone looking for help with their calculations for injection moulding. They have four different inserts made of different materials, and they need to define the highest and lowest temperatures during the cycles that last 22 seconds. They have already calculated with the help of a friend, but the results were too high. The person is asking for help and will provide all necessary information. However, private consultation is not allowed on Physics Forums.
matejbond
Hi everyone I am looking for someone who could possibly help me with my calculations regarding injection moulding. Basically I have four different inserts (from four different materials). Into these inserts the molten plastic is injected, where stays for about 22 seconds and then is ejected, then the cycle repeats. I am trying to define what will be the highest and lowest temperature during these cycles, basically I need to calculate and define the process of temperatures(curves) T on the t.

If anyone would know and will be able to spend some time I would really appreciate it. I will then provide you with all information I know. I already calculated (with help of my friend) this issue but results were really high.
Please looking for any help.

thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
At Physics Forums, we can help members solve their problems themselves, but private consultation is not permitted.

Related to What Are the Highest and Lowest Temperatures in Injection Moulding?

1. What is Newton's Law of Cooling?

Newton's Law of Cooling is a mathematical expression that describes the rate at which an object cools down when placed in a different temperature environment. It states that the rate of change of the temperature of an object is directly proportional to the difference between its initial temperature and the temperature of its surroundings.

2. Who is Sir Isaac Newton and why is this law named after him?

Sir Isaac Newton was a famous physicist and mathematician who is known for his contributions to the development of calculus and the laws of motion. He also studied the cooling of objects and developed the mathematical equation that is now known as Newton's Law of Cooling.

3. How is Newton's Law of Cooling used in real life?

Newton's Law of Cooling has many practical applications, including predicting the cooling rate of hot beverages such as coffee or tea, determining the optimal temperature for cooking or storing food, and understanding the cooling process of electronic devices.

4. Does Newton's Law of Cooling only apply to cooling objects?

No, Newton's Law of Cooling can also be applied to objects that are heating up. In this case, the rate of change of the temperature would be proportional to the difference between the initial temperature of the object and the temperature of its surroundings.

5. Are there any limitations to Newton's Law of Cooling?

Yes, there are some limitations to Newton's Law of Cooling. It assumes that the only factor affecting the cooling or heating of an object is the temperature difference between the object and its surroundings. In reality, there may be other factors at play such as air circulation or insulation that can affect the cooling process.