What are the best VPN solutions?

• Thread starter mech-eng
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the best VPN solutions and options for achieving 100% anonymity. The suggestion is made to use a browser with a built-in VPN, such as Opera, or to use a VPN service like ExpressVPN that accepts anonymous payment methods and keeps no logs. It is advised to avoid using VPNs that only accept payment methods that can be linked back to your name, and one person shares their experience with the ZenMate VPN service.
mech-eng
What are the best vpn solutions? I think one of the best options is using a browser already having a VPN. Opera browser, even though I have never tried, claims have a VPN.

https://www.opera.com/computer/features/free-vpn

Thank you.

Computer science news on Phys.org
I use and love ExpressVPN, you can pay with bitcoin for almost 100% anonymous purchases, they keep no logs, have an internet kill switch.

Tech2025 said:
I use and love ExpressVPN, you can pay with bitcoin for almost 100% anonymous purchases, they keep no logs, have an internet kill switch.

Aren't all VPNs providing 100 % anonymity?

Thank you.

mech-eng said:
Aren't all VPNs providing 100 % anonymity?

Thank you.
No, some of them only accept pay-pal or credit card which links back to your name. Most VPN's like Norton keep logs.

Likes mech-eng
If you choose AirVPN, do not pay by credit card. :oldmad:

I've tried ZenMate VPN. Even after a trial period they have some servers to use.

Related to What are the best VPN solutions?

1. What is a VPN and why is it important?

A VPN (Virtual Private Network) is a secure and encrypted connection that allows users to access the internet through a remote server. It is important because it protects your online activities from being monitored or tracked by hackers, government agencies, and even your own internet service provider.

2. What makes a VPN solution the best?

The best VPN solution should have a strong encryption protocol, a large number of servers in various locations, fast connection speeds, a strict no-logging policy, and user-friendly apps for different devices. It should also offer additional features such as ad-blocking, malware protection, and a kill switch.

3. Are there any free VPN solutions that are reliable?

While there are some free VPN solutions available, most of them are not reliable as they may have slower speeds, limited server options, and may not offer the same level of security and privacy as paid VPNs. It is recommended to invest in a paid VPN for better protection.

4. Can a VPN slow down my internet speed?

It is possible for a VPN to slow down your internet speed, as the encryption process can add an extra layer of data that needs to be transmitted. However, a good VPN should have minimal impact on your speed and some even offer optimized servers for faster connections.

5. Are VPNs legal to use?

In most countries, using a VPN is legal. However, it is important to note that using a VPN for illegal activities is still illegal and can result in consequences. It is always best to check the laws and regulations in your country before using a VPN.