What are the best textbooks for AP Calculus BC and AP Physics C (Mechanics)?

• Thread starter Nerd10
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Textbooks
In summary, the best textbooks for learning a specific subject will depend on factors such as the level of the subject, personal learning style, and specific topic. It is recommended to read reviews and ask for recommendations from professors or peers. For students on a budget, there are options such as renting, buying used, or purchasing digital versions. The difference between older and newer editions of a textbook can vary, with newer editions potentially having updated information and improved organization. Textbooks in different languages can be found through international editions, university language departments, or online retailers. To determine if a textbook is suitable for your learning level, you can check the recommended prerequisites and browse through the table of contents and sample chapters.
Nerd10
Can you recommend me at least 2 college textbooks for AP Calculus BC and AP Physics C (Mechanics)? I really want to score 5's on both of them next year and I need 2 textbooks that has many challenging problems and accurate solutions in the back. I want the name of the textbook, edition, author. Thanks.

Physics news on Phys.org
Physics for Scientists and Engineers by Douglas C. Giancoli
Calculus and Analytic Geometry by George B. Thomas

Anton calculus 6th edition 12ish dollars used.

Related to What are the best textbooks for AP Calculus BC and AP Physics C (Mechanics)?

What are the best textbooks for learning a specific subject?

The best textbooks for learning a specific subject will depend on the level of the subject, your personal learning style, and the specific topic within the subject you are interested in. It is recommended to read reviews and ask for recommendations from professors or peers who have taken the course before.

What are some affordable textbooks for students on a budget?

There are many ways to find affordable textbooks, such as renting, buying used, or purchasing digital versions. You can also try searching for international editions, which are often cheaper. Some websites also offer discounted or free textbooks for students in need.

What is the difference between older and newer editions of a textbook?

The difference between older and newer editions of a textbook can vary. Generally, newer editions may have updated information, improved organization, and more recent examples. However, if the changes are minor, using an older edition can be a cost-effective option.

Where can I find textbooks in different languages?

You can find textbooks in different languages by searching for international editions or by checking with your university's language department. You can also look for online retailers that specialize in textbooks in a specific language.

How can I determine if a textbook is suitable for my learning level?

You can determine if a textbook is suitable for your learning level by checking the recommended prerequisites or the level of the course for which the textbook is used. You can also browse through the table of contents and sample chapters to get an idea of the difficulty level.