What are the best motivational books for finding happiness and perspective?

• Thread starter Alpharup
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Books
In summary, the conversation discusses various books that bring perspective and happiness, including "How to Stop Worrying and Start Living" by Dale Carnegie, "Chicken Soup for the Soul" (possibly a translation), "Secret" by Louise Hay, and books by Doreen Virtue and other New Age authors. The conversation also mentions Viktor Frankl as a recommended author for psychological reads, and "God's Name is Mercy" by Pope Francis as a positive book without religious dogmas.
Alpharup
I don't know if it is right place to place this discussion. I am talking about good books which bring perspective and happiness. My favorite is " How to stop worrying and start living", Dale Carnegie.

Physics news on Phys.org
I liked Chicken soup for soul. At least that's what it was called in the translation I read. I don't know the original English name.
There is also Secret, books by Louise Hay, Doreen Virtue and other New Age stuff. Not exactly my cup of tea, but they helped many people to think more positively.
From real psychologists, you may try something by Viktor Frankl.
Last week I read God's name is Mercy by pope Francis. I'm not an orthodox Catholic, but it's a nice book without any dogmas written in a positive way . It made me feel good.

Last edited:
Likes Alpharup

Related to What are the best motivational books for finding happiness and perspective?

1. What are the benefits of reading good motivational books?

Reading good motivational books can provide many benefits such as increased motivation, positivity, and a sense of purpose. These books can also help improve self-confidence, goal-setting skills, and overall mental well-being.

2. How do I choose the right motivational book for me?

Choosing the right motivational book is a personal decision and depends on your individual interests and goals. It is important to read reviews and recommendations, as well as sample chapters, to determine which book resonates with you the most.

3. Are there any scientific studies that support the effectiveness of motivational books?

Yes, there have been numerous scientific studies that have shown the positive impact of motivational books on individuals. These studies have found that reading motivational books can improve self-efficacy, productivity, and overall well-being.

4. How often should I read motivational books?

The frequency of reading motivational books can vary for each individual. Some people may benefit from reading a little bit every day, while others may prefer to read a whole book in one sitting. It is important to find a reading schedule that works best for you.

5. Can motivational books really change my life?

While reading a single motivational book may not drastically change your life, it can certainly provide you with new perspectives, ideas, and tools to help you make positive changes in your life. The key is to apply the lessons learned from the book and continue to read and learn from other sources as well.