What are some diseases or medical conditions you might not know you have?

In summary, the conversation is about the discovery of a possible eye condition that causes wandering eyes and its potential impact on the individual's ability to focus and read. The speaker also mentions their preference for math subjects and the caution against self-diagnosis through a YouTube video.
questionboy
I have wandering eyes is one thing I have I only found out a few months ago. I don't know the technical term for it. I was watching a youtube video and they said some people thought they had add when in fact they weren't paying attention because of their eye condition.

I have good vision like reading all the letters that the optometrist says but no one ever bothered to check if my eyes wander.

I may have had this for a while to becaues I've never read a novel or book in my life. Id read a few pages and get tired.

Maybe that's why i preferred maths subjects to some degree.

Biology news on Phys.org
You might have hypochondria...oh ****

You should not self diagnose yourself, especially with a youtube video. Go to a doctor if you think you have a medical condition.

Related to What are some diseases or medical conditions you might not know you have?

1. What are some common diseases or medical conditions that people may not be aware they have?

Some common diseases or medical conditions that people may not know they have include high blood pressure, diabetes, and high cholesterol. Other conditions such as thyroid disorders, sleep apnea, and vitamin deficiencies can also often go undiagnosed for long periods of time.

2. What are the symptoms of these hidden diseases or medical conditions?

The symptoms vary depending on the specific disease or condition, but some common signs to look out for include fatigue, unexplained weight changes, changes in appetite, frequent infections, and persistent pain or discomfort.

3. How can these hidden diseases or medical conditions be diagnosed?

The best way to diagnose these hidden diseases or medical conditions is through regular check-ups with a healthcare professional. They can perform screenings and tests, as well as discuss any symptoms or concerns you may have. It's important to be open and honest with your doctor about your health and any changes you may have noticed.

4. What are the potential consequences of leaving these diseases or medical conditions undiagnosed?

Undiagnosed diseases or medical conditions can lead to serious health complications, such as heart disease, stroke, and nerve damage. They can also impact your overall quality of life and make it difficult to manage day-to-day activities.

5. Can these hidden diseases or medical conditions be prevented?

In some cases, yes. Maintaining a healthy lifestyle, including a balanced diet and regular exercise, can help prevent or manage certain conditions such as high blood pressure and diabetes. However, it's important to prioritize regular check-ups and screenings to catch any potential issues early on.