Welsh Rugby Fan Goes to Extreme Lengths to Show Loyalty to His Team

• Thread starter Gokul43201
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Fan
In summary: I would even go so far as to cut off one of their testicles.In summary, a Welsh rugby fan cut off his own testicles after winning a game. He was taken to the hospital where he remained in a seriously ill condition.
Gokul43201
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Now this guy here is a true and loyal fan of his team : http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/24by7p...n-cuts-off-testicles-after-win-name_page.html

WARNING : Possibly scary stuff below...

Welsh rugby fan cuts off testicles after win

07:21, Feb 8 2005

LONDON (Reuters) - A Welsh rugby fan cut off his own testicles to celebrate Wales beating England at rugby, the Daily Mirror has reported.

Geoff Huish, 26, was so convinced England would win Saturday's match he told fellow drinkers at a social club, "If Wales win I'll cut my b@!$ off", the paper said on Tuesday.

Friends at the club in Caerphilly, south Wales, thought he was joking.

But after the game Huish went home, severed his testicles with a knife, and walked 200 metres back to the bar with the testicles to show the shocked drinkers what he had done.

Huish was taken to hospital where he remained in a seriously ill condition, the paper said. Police told the paper he had a history of mental problems.

Wales's 11-9 victory over England at the Millennium Stadium in Cardiff was their first home win in 12 years.

What is the most you'd do to show loyalty to your team ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Go to a game. Scream a little. That is the most. I cannot believe this guy, but then again I can, have you ever met a welshman? Very nice but an odd sort (based on the few that I knew- I know a horrible generalization).
Cheers

Gokul43201 said:
Now this guy here is a true and loyal fan of his team
Well, he sure takes his ball games seriously.

He is a man of his word, I respect that. :smile:

I think these people in London take things a little too seriously. ie this story

yahoo news said:
LONDON (Reuters) - A British woman was sentenced to two and a half years in jail Thursday for ripping off her ex-lover's testicle with her bare hands during a drunken brawl after he refused her sex.

Amanda Monti, 24, flew into a rage in May last year after Geoffrey Jones, 37, who had ended their long-term relationship, rejected her advances.

She grabbed him by the genitals, tearing off his left testicle, then hid it in her mouth before a friend of Jones handed it back to him saying "that's yours."

Monti, of Birkenhead, near Liverpool, pleaded guilty to unlawful wounding at an earlier hearing.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=573&ncid=573&e=3&u=/nm/20050210/od_nm/crime_britain_testicle_dc

Last edited by a moderator:
The first one is a wonderful example of Darwinism in action. I wouldn't be surprised if he's awarded a Darwin Award for his action. While the site does say that the honoree needs to die to receive it, they have awarded it to those who manage to sterilize themselves due to stupidity assuming that they don't have children before the act occurs.

Actually, it says dead or sterile. I think we have a winner!

enigma said:
The first one is a wonderful example of Darwinism in action. I wouldn't be surprised if he's awarded a Darwin Award for his action. While the site does say that the honoree needs to die to receive it, they have awarded it to those who manage to sterilize themselves due to stupidity assuming that they don't have children before the act occurs.

Nope death is unnecessary, you just have to remove yourself from the gene pool. HE wins.

Since it is obvious now that some people do take such threats and promises seriously, I better state for the record that when I threaten to castrate the men on the board here, I am only joking.

Have you ever seen a Welshman drink? The good news is he probably didn't feel a thing...until later. I think the mental illness went without saying.

Noooooo... :cry: that's a-w-f-u-l...ouch, visceral reaction. Now that I am done wincing and cringing...I say, splendid idea about the Darwin award thing. Somebody nominate this "bloke".

:smile:

Darwin Award definitely.

As Hawkeye mentioned about Col Flagg - "if we had more like him, we would have less like him."

He can place them in a jar of pickled onions, right next to Tribdog's.

As far as my fanaticism, if they held the Superbowl in my backyard, I might peak out the window once or twice, just to see if they are done. :smile:

about the only thing I love enough to cut off my testicle for is my testicle.

Artman said:
As far as my fanaticism, if they held the Superbowl in my backyard, I might peak out the window once or twice, just to see if they are done. :smile:

Oh, if it was in my backyard, I'd be out in the crowd screaming and waving my hands...shouting at them to get off the grass, they're ruining the lawn. :biggrin:

Moonbear said:
Oh, if it was in my backyard, I'd be out in the crowd screaming and waving my hands...shouting at them to get off the grass, they're ruining the lawn. :biggrin:

Yeah, they might kill all your slugs, and then who would you share booze with?

franznietzsche said:
LOL. Love it.
:biggrin:

franznietzsche said:

What do you mean share? Who said anything about sharing? :biggrin:

Moonbear said:
What do you mean share? Who said anything about sharing? :biggrin:

I just know what your slugs ahve been telling me about you :wink:

Related to Welsh Rugby Fan Goes to Extreme Lengths to Show Loyalty to His Team

1. Are there different levels of being a fan?

Yes, there are different levels of being a fan. Some fans may be more casual and only have a passing interest in something, while others may be die-hard and have an intense passion for it.

2. Can you be a fan of multiple things?

Absolutely! Being a fan is not limited to just one thing. Many people have multiple interests and can be a fan of various things at the same time.

3. Is it possible to become a fan of something later in life?

Yes, it is possible to become a fan of something later in life. Our interests and passions can change and develop over time, leading us to become fans of things we may not have been interested in before.

4. What makes someone a "true" fan?

Being a "true" fan is subjective and can vary from person to person. Some may define it as having a deep knowledge and understanding of something, while others may see it as simply having a strong love and support for it.

5. Can you be a fan of something without knowing everything about it?

Yes, you can definitely be a fan of something without knowing everything about it. Being a fan is about enjoying and supporting something, not necessarily having all the knowledge about it.