Welcome Back! A Year Later on PF

In summary, the conversation is about a user returning to a forum after being inactive for a year. Other users welcome them back and make jokes about it being in German. The returning user jokes about their username being translated into German.
ideasrule
Homework Helper
I used to post here on PF quite regularly, but life got busy and I've been inactive for about a year. So, to everybody here who were active a year ago, hello again. :smile:

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome back! Glad to have you here again!

Wlcome back :) ... Like some fish! :biggrin:

Welcome Back!

Wilkommen auf bakken dudenshkasen. (trans: Welcome back dude)
Langauge used: none.

nismaratwork said:
Wilkommen auf bakken dudenshkasen. (trans: Welcome back dude)
Langauge used: none.

wait at first glance i thought it was in German?

Nice to have you back :smile:!

l-1j-cho said:
wait at first glance i thought it was in German?

it's part German, and part bull dung. :wink:

If it were really German it would be: Willkommen zurück PF herr Ideasrule! (Welcome back to PF Mr. Ideasrule)

edit: My original would be, "Welcome of [back with some K's, and "dude" with a meaningless suffx]

Back at you--how are you?

drizzle said:
Wlcome back :) ... Like some fish! :biggrin:

I don't know if it's good or bad that I actually understand that reference.

Related to Welcome Back! A Year Later on PF

1. What is "Welcome Back! A Year Later on PF"?

"Welcome Back! A Year Later on PF" is a special event on the popular online forum, Physics Forums, that celebrates the return of members who have been away for a year or more. It is a way for the community to reconnect and catch up with old friends.

2. How often does "Welcome Back! A Year Later on PF" happen?

This event takes place once a year, usually in the beginning of the year. The exact date may vary, so it's important to keep an eye out for announcements on the forum.

3. Who can participate in "Welcome Back! A Year Later on PF"?

Any member of Physics Forums who has been away for a year or more is welcome to participate in this event. All you have to do is log in to your account and start catching up with old friends!

4. How can I find out if any of my friends are returning for "Welcome Back! A Year Later on PF"?

Leading up to the event, there will be a thread on Physics Forums where members can announce their return. You can also check the list of members who have recently logged in to see if any of your friends have returned.

5. Are there any special activities or discussions during "Welcome Back! A Year Later on PF"?

Yes, there are usually special activities and discussions during this event, such as a "welcome back" thread where members can introduce themselves and catch up with each other. There may also be games and challenges for members to participate in.