Web Cams: Plug & Play, Audio/Visual, Mountable 4yrds from Desk Top

• Thread starter wolram
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Cam Web
In summary, the person is looking for a plug and play camera with good audio/visual quality that can be mounted 4 yards away from a desktop. They also need a website to send the images to live. Their budget is £50 and someone suggested a camera from Maplin which they think is cool and will allow them to become a webcammer.
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
As i am no computer savy i need one that is just plug and play, with good audio/ visual, it must be mountable 4yrds from desk top, any ideas before i blow a gasket looking through google.

Physics news on Phys.org
I also need a website to send the images to live, come on guys help out Kia is busy.

What's your budget?

moose said:
What's your budget?

About £50 ish?

I just bought one of these, what do you think?

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?TabID=1&DOY=search&ModuleNo=97744&criteria=Web%20Cameras

I think it is cool, i spent days and days looking on the web for the ideal camera.

Last edited:
Ohhhh its very nice! Aside from all the haunting stuff, you can now become a web-cammer!

hypatia said:
Ohhhh its very nice! Aside from all the haunting stuff, you can now become a web-cammer!

Yipppeee, i am a web cammer, hang about does that mean work?

Related to Web Cams: Plug & Play, Audio/Visual, Mountable 4yrds from Desk Top

1. What is a "Web Cam"?

A web cam is a small camera that is designed to be connected to a computer in order to capture video and audio. It is used primarily for video conferencing, live streaming, and video chatting over the internet.

2. What does "Plug & Play" mean in relation to web cams?

"Plug & Play" refers to the ability of a web cam to be connected to a computer and immediately start working without the need for any additional software or drivers. This makes it easy to set up and use without any technical knowledge or expertise.

3. What does "Audio/Visual" mean for a web cam?

"Audio/Visual" means that the web cam has both a microphone and a camera, allowing for both video and audio to be transmitted. This is essential for video conferencing and live streaming, as it enables two-way communication.

4. How far can a web cam be mounted from a desktop?

A web cam can typically be mounted up to 4 yards (12 feet) from a desktop, depending on the length of the USB cable it is connected with. However, it is recommended to keep the web cam within 2-3 yards for optimal video and audio quality.

5. Can a web cam be mounted on any surface?

Most web cams come with a mounting clip that can be attached to the top of a computer monitor or laptop screen. However, there are also web cams that can be mounted on a tripod, stand, or other flat surfaces using a universal screw mount.