Videos that motivate you to be involved with science

In summary, the conversation touched on the speaker's interest in physics and how a friend's explanation and mathematical proof sparked their passion for the subject. They also mentioned being inspired by physics in everyday situations, such as watching the show Survivor.
Physics news on Phys.org
Back when I was a kid I wondered how a plane could fly given that it had a lot of weight? When I got a bit older (14-15), I wondered what causes a rocket to blast off? My friend who was my age, and much, much smarter than I explained it very well conceptually, and then whipped out some math he had learned to show me why. I was amazed by what he had shown and inspired by physics. That is how I got into it, and the little things still inspire me to stay with the subject.

In terms of videos, I don't really watch many videos that are geared towards science directly. However, when I watch Survivor, I often wonder with just a little physics knowledge, these "survivors" could do a bit better as a whole. Example:

My favorite competitor, Bob Crowly

Last edited by a moderator:
Feynman talking about beauty :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Related to Videos that motivate you to be involved with science

1. What makes a video motivating in terms of science?

A motivating science video can be defined as one that sparks a sense of curiosity and enthusiasm for scientific topics. It should be engaging, visually appealing, and informative, while also conveying a positive message about the importance of science and its impact on our world.

2. Where can I find videos that motivate me to be involved with science?

There are many platforms where you can find videos that motivate you to be involved with science. Some popular options include YouTube, TED Talks, Khan Academy, and educational websites such as National Geographic and Discovery Education. Additionally, many science-related organizations and institutions have their own video channels or sections on their websites.

3. Can these videos be beneficial for all ages?

Yes, these videos can be beneficial for all ages. Many science videos are designed to be accessible to a wide audience, and they can be tailored to suit different age groups. For younger audiences, animated videos or videos with simpler explanations may be more effective, while for older audiences, more in-depth and technical videos may be more engaging.

4. How can watching these videos impact my involvement with science?

Watching these videos can have a positive impact on your involvement with science in multiple ways. They can increase your interest and curiosity in scientific topics, provide you with new knowledge and perspectives, inspire you to pursue a career in science, and even motivate you to get involved in scientific research or activism.

5. Can I use these videos as a teaching tool?

Yes, these videos can be a great teaching tool for educators. They can be used to supplement lesson plans and engage students in a fun and interactive way. Many science videos also come with additional resources, such as discussion questions or activities, which can be used in a classroom setting to enhance learning and critical thinking skills.