Video question about car spinning energy

In summary, the conversation discusses a video of a car spinning violently after hitting the roadside. The participants question how this could happen and suggest it may be due to tire rotors and the sand. The conversation ends with the realization that the video has been taken down for its violent content.
anime9999
Hello dear physicists :)

I have to admit it's been a long time since I studied physics in the university. And Sorry to disturb you with this video. Of course it is a very bad ad for Camry and the Saudi driving:

But what catches my attention is how can the car spin that "violently" (as if it was punishing its riders!)

The car has medium energy before hitting the roadside, and it would be just normal for the car to land after the shock on the floor without much energy. But in reality, it did spin on its "horizontal" axis and, the rotation was getting faster until it finally stopped.

Difficult for me to understand what happened. Something to do with tire rotors and the sands maybe?

Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Engineering news on Phys.org
Sorry, its not pg, youll have to describe it to me! its probably just silly animation though.

Since the video was taken down by YouTube for violent content, this thread is now closed.

Related to Video question about car spinning energy

1. How does a car spinning generate energy?

When a car spins, it converts its kinetic energy into heat and sound energy. The tires are the main source of this energy conversion, as they rub against the road surface and create friction. This friction generates heat, which then dissipates into the surrounding environment as sound energy.

2. What factors affect the amount of energy generated by a spinning car?

The amount of energy generated by a spinning car depends on a few factors, such as the speed at which the car is spinning, the weight and type of the tires, and the surface of the road. A heavier car with larger and more grippy tires spinning at a higher speed will generate more energy compared to a lighter car with smaller and less grippy tires spinning at a lower speed.

3. Can a spinning car generate enough energy to power anything?

While a spinning car can generate a significant amount of energy, it is not enough to power anything significant. The energy generated is usually in the form of heat and sound, which are not easily converted into electrical energy. Additionally, the energy generated is only temporary and will dissipate quickly.

4. Is it dangerous to have a car spinning for too long?

Yes, it can be dangerous to have a car spinning for too long. The longer a car spins, the more heat and friction are generated, which can cause the tires to overheat and potentially burst. This can also lead to loss of control of the vehicle, increasing the risk of accidents. It is important to stop and rest the tires after a period of spinning to prevent any potential hazards.

5. Can a spinning car lose energy?

Yes, a spinning car can lose energy. As mentioned earlier, the energy generated by a spinning car is not easily converted into a usable form. Some of the energy is also lost due to friction between the tires and the road surface. As the car slows down, the energy is dissipated into the surrounding environment as heat and sound, resulting in a loss of energy.