Unsure about a part of quantum physics

In summary, the conversation discusses Schrödinger's cat experiment and its implications on the idea that things only exist when measured. The speaker suggests that this could potentially allow for manipulation of space and time and solving world hunger. However, they also acknowledge that this theory does not match reality and ask for clarification. The other person in the conversation recommends reading Giancarlo Ghirardi's book on the subject.
247a
hi i resently read about Schrödinger's experiment called the Schrödinger's cat experiment which states that things don't exist if not mesured and then exist when they are mesured so then that should mean we can minipulate space and time. As i get it, it would be like somone says there are three coins on the desk 1p, 2p and 5p. but if they have a tendency to whant to make thing sound better than they are, then you could think it is a 2p, 5p and a 10p if he/she sends you in the room and he don't look in and there is nothing mesuring them at all apart from your eyes then it should turn from 1p, 2p and 5p into 2p, 5p and a 10p.there for we could end world hunger and all be rich :smile:
only thing is that(the theory) dosn't match reality so there must be ether something I'm missing or the Schrödinger's cat experiment dosn't work and Schrödinger's theory is incorrect.:confused:
so please enlighten me as i really am stumped after thinking this.:confused:

Physics news on Phys.org

Related to Unsure about a part of quantum physics

1. What is quantum physics?

Quantum physics is a branch of physics that studies the behavior of matter and energy at a very small scale, such as atoms and subatomic particles. It explains the strange and counterintuitive phenomena that occur at this level, such as superposition and entanglement.

2. What is superposition?

Superposition is a principle in quantum physics that states that a particle can exist in multiple states or positions at the same time until it is observed or measured. This means that a particle can be in two or more places simultaneously, a concept that is not observed in classical physics.

3. What is entanglement?

Entanglement is a phenomenon in quantum physics where two or more particles become connected in such a way that the state of one particle is dependent on the state of the other, even when they are physically separated. This means that changing the state of one particle will instantaneously affect the state of the other, regardless of the distance between them.

4. How does quantum physics differ from classical physics?

Quantum physics differs from classical physics in many ways. One major difference is that classical physics follows deterministic laws, meaning that the state of a system can be predicted with absolute certainty. However, quantum physics involves probabilities and uncertainties, making it impossible to predict the exact state of a system at any given time.

5. How is quantum physics relevant in our everyday lives?

Quantum physics has many practical applications in our everyday lives, such as in electronic devices like computers and smartphones. It also plays a crucial role in modern technologies like MRI machines and lasers. Additionally, our understanding of quantum physics has led to advancements in fields such as cryptography and quantum computing.