Understanding an Exercise on LTI Systems with Unit Sample Response

In summary, to find h1[n] in this exercise on LTI systems, we can use the information given by the equation h2[n] and the associativity of convolution to solve for h1[n] and then use the inverse convolution to confirm our solution.
will225
Hello,
am having an understanding problem, about an exercice on LTI systems with unit sample response.
i've been given the graphical depicted output y[n], and the following output x[n]= u[n]-u[n-2]
the system is as follow
x[n]----> h1[n]----->h2[n]------>y[n]
with h2[n]= s[n] - s[n-1];
and i am suppose to find h1 ,
i used the the associativity of the convolution to have another form of the problem but
what i don't understand is the information given by the equation h2 [n]
how am i suppos to use it.
the i will make the aatempt to a solution and post it.

Physics news on Phys.org
Since h2[n] = s[n] - s[n-1], we can use this to solve for h1[n]. To do this, we can first calculate the convolution of x[n] and h2[n], which will give us y[n]. Then, we can use the inverse convolution to calculate the convolution of y[n] and h2[n], which will give us h1[n]. So, to solve for h1[n], we can use the following equation: h1[n] = y[n]*h2[n].In this equation, y[n] is the given output of x[n] and h2[n] is the given unit sample response of h2[n]. By calculating the convolution of these two functions, we can find h1[n].

Related to Understanding an Exercise on LTI Systems with Unit Sample Response

1. What is an LTI system?

An LTI (Linear Time-Invariant) system is a mathematical model used to analyze and understand the behavior of a system over time. It follows the principles of linearity, meaning that the output is directly proportional to the input, and time-invariance, meaning that the system's characteristics do not change over time.

2. What is a unit sample response?

A unit sample response is the output of an LTI system when given a single input signal, known as a unit impulse. It is used to analyze the system's behavior and understand its characteristics, such as stability, causality, and linearity.

3. How do you interpret an exercise on LTI systems with unit sample response?

To interpret an exercise on LTI systems with unit sample response, you need to understand the properties of an LTI system and how they affect the unit sample response. You also need to know how to analyze the response using techniques like convolution and frequency domain analysis.

4. What are some real-world applications of understanding LTI systems with unit sample response?

Understanding LTI systems with unit sample response has various real-world applications, such as signal processing, control systems, and communication systems. For example, in signal processing, LTI systems are used to analyze and filter signals, while in control systems, LTI systems are used to design controllers for stable and efficient system operation.

5. Can LTI systems with unit sample response be used to model any system?

No, LTI systems with unit sample response can only be used to model systems that follow the principles of linearity and time-invariance. These are idealized models and may not accurately represent all real-world systems. However, many systems can be approximated as LTI systems, making it a useful tool in various fields of science and engineering.