Unable to Access Illegal Mexican Immigrant Thread on Physics Forum?

• Thread starter scott1
  • Start date
In summary, an E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, and the problem with the Physics Help and Math Help - Physics Forums database seems to be resolved.
scott1
I was trying to open the theard in P&WA about "illegaly mexican imergents"
and it said
There seems to have been a problem with the Physics Help and Math Help - Physics Forums database.
Please try again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.

An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, whom you can also contact if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

Physics news on Phys.org
The entire site went down for awhile.

I was going to start a new thread on this but I guess it will be fine here.

I've been having loading issues with PF on almost a daily basis. Has everyone been having the same issue or is it mainly on my end?

Just look at the threads below this one. I thought Greg fixed it. Though, since he said he fixed it, I haven't been running into the hours of downtime, just a few minutes at a time when PF gets "stuck."

Actually I just tried tat particular thread. It seems to be a separate issue. I can access everything but that particular thread.
Is there maybe some complaint about it that has put it on hiatus or some such?

Weird. This is what I got when I tried to open it.

There seems to have been a problem with the Physics Help and Math Help - Physics Forums database.

An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, whom you can also contact if the problem persists.

Database error in vBulletin 3.5.4:

Invalid SQL:

SELECT postid, visible, userid
FROM post AS post

WHERE threadid = 115727
AND visible IN (1
)

ORDER BY dateline;

MySQL Error : Got error 134 from table handler
Error Number : 1030
Date : Monday, March 27th 2006 @ 10:40:21 PM
Script : https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=115727

scott1 said:
I was trying to open the theard in P&WA about "illegaly mexican imergents"
and it said
hey, scott1 go tall the letters in 'thread' right, now he just needs to arrange them:rolleyes:

Evo said:
Weird. This is what I got when I tried to open it.

Database error in vBulletin 3.5.4:

Invalid SQL:

SELECT postid, visible, userid
FROM post AS post

WHERE threadid = 115727
AND visible IN (1
)

ORDER BY dateline;

MySQL Error : Got error 134 from table handler
Error Number : 1030
Date : Monday, March 27th 2006 @ 10:40:21 PM
Script : https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=115727

Yep, I get the same error. Greg is going to have an inbox full of messages about that thread! :smile:

I have been unable to get past the first page of the "immigrant" thread. Clicking on "page 2" or manually modifying the url simply ends up showing me page 1 again.

Update : The problem seems to have disappeared now.

Last edited:

Related to Unable to Access Illegal Mexican Immigrant Thread on Physics Forum?

What is a "Problem in opening thread"?

A "Problem in opening thread" refers to an issue or difficulty encountered when trying to access or view a discussion thread on a forum or online platform.

What could be causing the problem?

There could be several reasons for a problem in opening a thread, such as technical issues with the website or forum, internet connectivity problems, or browser compatibility issues.

How can I fix the problem?

The first step to fixing the problem is to try refreshing the page or clearing your browser's cache. If that doesn't work, try accessing the thread on a different device or browser. If the issue persists, it could be a problem with the website or forum itself, and you may need to contact the website administrators for assistance.

Is this a common issue?

Yes, "Problem in opening thread" is a common issue that can occur on various online platforms. However, the cause and solution may vary depending on the specific website or forum.

Can I prevent this issue from happening again?

You can try to prevent this issue by regularly clearing your browser's cache and cookies, ensuring a stable internet connection, and keeping your browser and device software up to date. Additionally, if the problem persists, you may want to consider using a different website or platform for your discussions.