Two Problems - Quotes & Quick Reply

• Thread starter zoobyshoe
  • Start date
In summary, the user is experiencing issues with quotes not showing up and the "quick reply" box not working on the forum. They are using MSN webtv and have noticed the problem in multiple threads. They are unsure if their browser is causing the issue. However, later on, they mention that the issue seems to have resolved itself and apologize for bothering the other user.
zoobyshoe
Since the change peoples quotes aren't showing up in the threads for me. When someone quotes someone else to respond to them all I see is a blank space.

The "quick reply" box doesn't work for me either. I have to use the conventional reply button. (This is not a big problem, but it would be nice to have.)

Any ideas?

Physics news on Phys.org
zoobyshoe said:
Since the change peoples quotes aren't showing up in the threads for me. When someone quotes someone else to respond to them all I see is a blank space.

The "quick reply" box doesn't work for me either. I have to use the conventional reply button. (This is not a big problem, but it would be nice to have.)

Any ideas?

What browser are you using?

Greg Bernhardt said:
What browser are you using?
MSN webtv. When you quoted me just then, it showed up.

I first noticed the quote problem in the thread "What is the purpose of Art" in general discussion. I checked the Stupid Quetion thread and it had the same problem.

-Zoob

zoobyshoe said:
MSN webtv. When you quoted me just then, it showed up.

I first noticed the quote problem in the thread "What is the purpose of Art" in general discussion. I checked the Stupid Quetion thread and it had the same problem.

-Zoob

Hmmm yeah, this forums browser compatibility is pretty good, but I'm sure they didn't test it on msn webtv. You might be out of luck here, I'm not sure how up to date msn webtv's web standards are for the browser engine.

Greg Bernhardt said:
Hmmm yeah, this forums browser compatibility is pretty good, but I'm sure they didn't test it on msn webtv. You might be out of luck here, I'm not sure how up to date msn webtv's web standards are for the browser engine.
Well, I can't explain this. but now they are all showing up.
I checked the thread I had trouble with and it's fine now. Maybe my browser just had to "learn" the new system.

Sorry to bother you, Greg.

Zooby

zoobyshoe said:
Well, I can't explain this. but now they are all showing up.
I checked the thread I had trouble with and it's fine now. Maybe my browser just had to "learn" the new system.

Sorry to bother you, Greg.

Zooby

Enjoy! :smile:

Related to Two Problems - Quotes & Quick Reply

1. What is the purpose of the "Two Problems - Quotes & Quick Reply" feature?

The purpose of this feature is to allow users to easily quote and reply to specific parts of a conversation or thread on an online forum or messaging platform. This can help to improve the clarity and organization of discussions, as well as make it easier for users to respond to multiple points within a single post.

2. How do I use the "Two Problems - Quotes & Quick Reply" feature?

To use this feature, simply highlight the text you wish to quote or reply to, and click on the "Quote" or "Reply" button that appears. This will automatically insert the selected text into your response, along with a link to the original post for reference.

3. Can I customize the formatting of the quoted text?

Yes, most platforms that offer this feature allow users to customize the formatting of the quoted text. This may include changing the font, color, or size of the text, as well as adding additional styling such as borders or highlighting.

4. Is there a limit to the amount of text I can quote or reply to?

This may vary depending on the platform, but in general, there is usually no limit to the amount of text you can quote or reply to. However, it is recommended to keep quotes and replies concise and relevant to the discussion for the sake of clarity and readability.

5. Are there any potential drawbacks to using the "Two Problems - Quotes & Quick Reply" feature?

One potential drawback is that it may lead to longer and more complex threads, as multiple points are being addressed within a single post. This can make it more difficult to follow the conversation, especially for users who are not actively participating in the discussion. Additionally, excessive quoting and replying may slow down the overall pace of the conversation.