Trigonometry study on the side

In summary, the speakers discuss resources for studying trigonometry. The first speaker asks for websites with good study guides and sheets, and the second speaker recommends Wikipedia for specific theorems and formulas. The second speaker also mentions Khan Academy as a good resource for learning and practicing trigonometry.
encore88
I'm about to take a trig class and it's been a while since my last math class. I was wondering if you guys knew of any websites that have good trig study guides and study sheets? anything is appreciated! Thanks!

Mathematics news on Phys.org
wikipedia is actually really good for looking up specific theorems and formulas. Look up trig identities and trig definitions on wiki. That being said, it probably won't be enough to "teach" you, but it will be a great reference. I know I found a few when I went back to school, but I don't remember them right now. If I find any I'll post them.

Cool! I really appreciate it! I knew that Wikipedia was good for that kind of stuff. I guess I'm looking mostly for a site that teaches you a formula or something and then gives you a few study questions (like a personal homework assignment). Something kind of like Khan Academy that focuses more in trig I guess is what I'm looking for.

I can understand your desire to find additional resources to supplement your trigonometry studies. While I cannot recommend specific websites, I can offer some general advice for studying trigonometry.

First, it is important to review the basic concepts and formulas of trigonometry, such as the Pythagorean theorem and the trigonometric ratios (sine, cosine, and tangent). These foundational concepts will serve as the building blocks for more complex problems.

Next, practice solving problems. Trigonometry is a subject that requires practice to fully understand and apply. Look for practice problems in your textbook or online and make sure to check your answers to ensure accuracy.

Additionally, visual aids can be helpful in understanding trigonometry. Look for videos or interactive tutorials that demonstrate the concepts and how they are applied in real-world situations.

Finally, don't be afraid to ask for help. Your teacher or classmates can be valuable resources for clarification and additional practice. Also, consider joining a study group to work through problems together and discuss any difficulties you may be having.

In summary, to excel in trigonometry, it is important to review the basics, practice solving problems, utilize visual aids, and seek help when needed. Good luck in your studies!

Related to Trigonometry study on the side

1. What is the purpose of studying trigonometry on the side?

Studying trigonometry on the side can help you develop a deeper understanding of mathematics and improve your problem-solving skills. It can also be useful for various careers such as engineering, architecture, and physics.

2. Is it necessary to have a strong background in math to study trigonometry on the side?

While having a strong foundation in math can be beneficial, it is not necessary to study trigonometry on the side. With dedication and practice, anyone can learn and understand trigonometric concepts.

3. How can I incorporate trigonometry into my daily life?

Trigonometry is used in a variety of real-world applications, such as calculating distances and angles, navigation, and building structures. By studying trigonometry on the side, you can develop a better understanding of these concepts and apply them in your daily life.

4. What are some helpful resources for studying trigonometry on the side?

There are many online resources available for studying trigonometry, such as Khan Academy, MathIsFun, and YouTube tutorials. Additionally, textbooks and practice problems can also be helpful in solidifying your understanding of the subject.

5. How can I stay motivated while studying trigonometry on the side?

Staying motivated can be difficult, but setting goals and creating a study schedule can help. It is also important to take breaks and reward yourself for your progress. Additionally, finding a study partner or joining a study group can provide support and accountability.