Trig Problem Altitudes of Parallelogram

In summary, the conversation discusses the problem of finding the area of a parallelogram with two given lengths for the altitudes and an angle whose sine is known. The person is struggling to visualize the parallelogram and is seeking help for finding the solution.
Trepid
Basically the altitudes of a parallelogram have two lengths, 8 and 10 and they intersect at an angle whose sine is 1/4. I'm attempting to find the area of the parallelogram.

I'm having trouble creating a good picture of it. Seeing if I could receive some help, thanks!

Mathematics news on Phys.org
Trepid said:
Basically the altitudes of a parallelogram have two lengths, 8 and 10 and they intersect at an angle whose sine is 1/4. I'm attempting to find the area of the parallelogram.

I'm having trouble creating a good picture of it. Seeing if I could receive some help, thanks!
Welcome to the PF. :smile:

Is this for schoolwork? If so, you need to post it in the Homework Help, Pre-Calculus Math forum, and fill out the Template there showing the Relevant Equations and your Attempt at Solving it.

You can also upload a PDF or JPEG image by using the Upload button in the lower right of the Edit window.

Related to Trig Problem Altitudes of Parallelogram

What is a parallelogram?

A parallelogram is a quadrilateral with two pairs of parallel sides.

What are the altitudes of a parallelogram?

The altitudes of a parallelogram are the perpendicular lines drawn from each vertex to the opposite side.

How do you find the altitude of a parallelogram?

To find the altitude of a parallelogram, you can use the formula: altitude = (base * sin(angle)), where the base is the length of one of the sides and the angle is the angle between that side and the opposite side.

What is the relationship between the altitudes of a parallelogram?

The altitudes of a parallelogram are equal in length and bisect each other.

Why are the altitudes of a parallelogram important?

The altitudes of a parallelogram are important because they help to calculate the area of the parallelogram, and they also provide a visual representation of the height of the parallelogram.