Transitioning from Physics to Systems Engineering: Tips for Early Career Seekers

• Thread starter Mbatkis
  • Start date
In summary, transitioning from Physics to Systems Engineering can be a challenging but rewarding experience for early career seekers. It is important for individuals to understand the core principles of both fields and how they can be applied to real-world problems. Building a strong foundation in mathematics, programming, and problem-solving skills is crucial in making a successful transition. Seeking out internships, networking with professionals, and continuously learning about new technologies and techniques can also greatly benefit those looking to enter the field of Systems Engineering. Overall, having a strong passion for both Physics and Systems Engineering and a willingness to adapt and learn can lead to a successful transition and a fulfilling career in this growing field.
Mbatkis
How did you find PF?
Google search
I have lurked on this site for a while but I finally decided to post to get some clarity on my current options with education/job prospects. I got my BS in Physics last May and I have been in Graduate School for a MS/PhD in Physics for this last year but I am looking at changing track. I am looking at getting a full-time position as a systems engineer and I would like to hear any advice anyone has about how to bridge any gaps I may have when it comes to academics/skills.

Likes berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome!Are you very set on systems engineer, or still considering other options?