In summary: This is in fact a "permeability" of a different kind, since it involves the magnetization of the material. I'm pretty sure it's the constant of proportionality between the internal magnetization and the internal field strength (for a magnetic material). It is a scalar for isotropic materials and a tensor for anisotropic materials. So when you have a B field in a magnetic material, you will have two corrections to the vacuum case. This is the same as the ##\epsilon## and ##\kappa## corrections to the electric fields in dielectric materials.
Saikat
We know Total Magnetic Flux B = B_0 + B_m

Where, B_0 is the external field and B_m is the field inside a material.

Now, we get,

B = B_0 + μ_0*M (M is the magnetization)
My question is -

Do I always have to use μ_0 ? If yes then Why?

The material isn't free space, is it?& also

B = μ_0*(H + M) , where H is the Magnetic Field Intensity/Strength

Same problem here. Do I always have to use μ_0 here too? Why not only μ ??

The main problem is we know Magnetic Field inside a material is B_m = μ_0*M

Why we are using μ_0 here while the material isn't free space!?

This problem is the main reason of those 2 questions I asked before.

Please help..

Physics news on Phys.org
The answer to your question is "no". Sometimes the material has a susceptability different from that of a vacuum. The definitions of the terms should answer your questions for you.

Saikat said:
B = μ_0*(H + M) , where H is the Magnetic Field Intensity/Strength

Same problem here. Do I always have to use μ_0 here too? Why not only μ ??
This equation is the definition of H in SI units. The H field is defined as the quantity that makes that equation true.

In that equation we always use ##\mu_0##. The purpose of ##\mu_0## is simply to convert the SI units of M and H into the SI units of B. The purpose is not to describe the material, that is done by M.

Likes Saikat
... ah, yes: a niggly feeling had been building over that one.
Dalespam is correct

You'll see:
##\vec B = \mu_0(\vec H+\vec M)##
##\vec B = \mu \vec H##
... which can lead to confusion.

Related to Total Magnetic Flux Density Law Problem

What is the Total Magnetic Flux Density Law Problem?

The Total Magnetic Flux Density Law Problem is a physics concept that deals with the relationship between the total magnetic flux and the magnetic field strength of a closed surface. It is also known as Gauss's Law for magnetism.

What is the formula for calculating the total magnetic flux density?

The formula for calculating the total magnetic flux density is ΣB = ∯B⋅dA, where ΣB represents the total magnetic flux, ∯B represents the magnetic field strength, and dA represents the differential area of the closed surface.

How is the Total Magnetic Flux Density Law Problem used in real-life applications?

The Total Magnetic Flux Density Law Problem is used in various real-life applications, such as in the design of magnetic materials and devices, magnetic levitation systems, and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) technology.

What is the significance of the Total Magnetic Flux Density Law Problem?

The Total Magnetic Flux Density Law Problem is significant because it helps us understand the behavior of magnetic fields and how they interact with closed surfaces. It is also a fundamental law in electromagnetism and has practical applications in various fields of science and technology.

Are there any limitations or exceptions to the Total Magnetic Flux Density Law?

Yes, there are some limitations to the Total Magnetic Flux Density Law. It is only applicable to closed surfaces, and it assumes that the magnetic field is constant over the surface. Additionally, in certain situations, the law may not accurately predict the behavior of magnetic fields, such as in the presence of non-magnetic materials or when dealing with time-varying magnetic fields.