Title Not Copying? Fixing the Bug

• Thread starter lisab
  • Start date
In summary, " and nothing before it.In summary, when quoting someone else, the thread title was able to be edited in your post (and your post alone), so, there were ocassions where, when responding to a crackpot, I would alter the title to "The Musings of a Crackpot" or something similar
lisab
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Usually when I click "Quote" the title is automatically copied in the reply. But it isn't now. Anyone else getting this bug?

Physics news on Phys.org
lisab said:
Usually when I click "Quote" the title is automatically copied in the reply. But it isn't now. Anyone else getting this bug?

Like now, I clicked "Quote" but there is no title on this post.

lisab said:
Like now, I clicked "Quote" but there is no title on this post.

Same here.

this was the new title box

Gad said:
Same here.
I noticed that instead of the title being copied that a new Title box appears, but doesn't work.

Not sure if Greg did this on purpose or in error.

It seems the title is only on the first post of all PF threads.

dlgoff said:
It seems the title is only on the first post of all PF threads.
It's not something that I ever considered important.

Evo said:
It's not something that I ever considered important.

Me either. You can still enter one when replying though.

This is a post title

Where is the advantage if a post has the thread title as post title?

Edit: Interesting. Post titles are not shown in the thread view, but you can still see them if you reply to a thread and look at the previous posts displayed there.

Oh Noes, I am at the bottom of a thread and without thread titles in the post, I don't know the topic.

I'm not kidding.

Evo said:
Oh Noes, I am at the bottom of a thread and without thread titles in the post, I don't know the topic.

Same problem here.

The page title is the thread title ;).

mfb said:
The page title is the thread title ;).
What? Are you suggesting that I "SCROLL UP"??!

attachment.php?attachmentid=56307&stc=1&d=1362342285.png

Attachments

• title.png
    title.png
    14.5 KB · Views: 518
What page title?

what_page_title.png

I am sure there is some option to show the page title with Opera. The tabs show the first part of it, at least (same at Firefox).

Anyway, this title in the page source as part of the header:
<title>Title Not Copying? </title>

I only get the thread URL.

mfb said:
I am sure there is some option to show the page title with Opera. The tabs show the first part of it, at least (same at Firefox).

I know, but I have Opera specifically configured to NOT show the window title bar, as it usually just occupies the space on the screen and on most sites is completely useless.

Greg Bernhardt said:
You guys can't remember what link you just clicked? :)
Uhm...no. :blushing:

Greg Bernhardt said:
You guys can't remember what link you just clicked? :)

No way. I am opening several at once while in the forum thread list and then I am working my way through opened tabs - and usually they open on the new post, which means they are already scrolled down.

Borek said:
No way. I am opening several at once while in the forum thread list and then I am working my way through opened tabs - and usually they open on the new post, which means they are already scrolled down.
Yeah!

But I understand your need to do it Greg. :smile:

Aww, now I can't make humorous alterations to the thread title anymore :(

When quoting someone else, the thread title was able to be edited in your post (and your post alone), so, there were ocassions where, when responding to a crackpot, I would alter the title to "The Musings of a Crackpot" or something similar. Most of those threads were deleted anyway.

Related to Title Not Copying? Fixing the Bug

1. Why is the title not copying?

There could be a few reasons why the title is not copying. It could be a bug in the code, an issue with the device or browser, or a problem with the website itself.

2. How can I fix the bug?

To fix the bug, you will need to identify the source of the problem. This could involve debugging the code, testing on different devices and browsers, or contacting the website's technical support team.

3. Is this a common issue?

Yes, it is not uncommon for bugs to occur in software and websites. However, the frequency of this issue may vary depending on the specific website or application.

4. Can I prevent this bug from happening again?

If the bug is caused by a coding error, the developers can make changes to prevent it from happening again in the future. If it is a device or browser issue, it may be more difficult to prevent, but keeping your software and devices updated can help.

5. Will my data be affected by this bug?

It is unlikely that your data will be affected by this bug. However, it is always a good idea to regularly back up your data, just in case an unexpected issue occurs.