This works on so many levels here, I couldn't

In summary, the conversation is about a video where a man's face contorts in a funny way while driving a Hyundai. The participants discuss their own experiences of making funny faces while riding motorcycles, and one of them compares it to the feeling of falling off a cliff like in a cartoon.
Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
This works on so many levels here, I couldn't resist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4va2s6w4nFE

Physics news on Phys.org

OMG, his last face expression :smile:

C'mon Ivan. My face can't contort like that, though there have been times on some of my bikes that I have felt my cheeks rippling. Breaking triple-digits with no windshield can do that.

That dude must have been on some pretty serious drugs; there's no way that a Hyundai alone could evoke any sort of response.

Maybe he got the repair bill...

Upisoft said:
Maybe he got the repair bill...

:smile:

turbo-1 said:
C'mon Ivan. My face can't contort like that,

How do you know? :biggrin:

No doubt I've made some funny faces a few times. In particulars what comes to mind are those slow-motion moments that occur between the time when you know you are unavoidably going down, but before you hit the ground, on a motorcycle - those times when you have the time to think about how much this is going to hurt!

Ivan Seeking said:
those slow-motion moments that occur between the time when you know you are unavoidably going down

That always made me feel like Wiley Coyote going off of a cliff. The feet drop, then there's that look of "oh ****", then the rest kind of stretches out and leaves the ears behind.

Related to This works on so many levels here, I couldn't

1. What does it mean when something "works on so many levels"?

When something is said to "work on so many levels", it means that it has multiple meanings or interpretations that are all valid and contribute to its overall success or effectiveness.

2. How do you determine if something "works" on multiple levels?

Determining if something "works" on multiple levels is subjective and can vary depending on the context. Generally, it involves analyzing the different layers or aspects of the subject and evaluating how well they all come together to create a cohesive and impactful whole.

3. Can something "work on many levels" if it only has one intended purpose?

Yes, something can still "work on many levels" even if it only has one intended purpose. This is because there can be multiple ways of looking at or interpreting the subject that contribute to its overall success.

4. What are some examples of things that "work on many levels"?

There are many examples of things that "work on many levels", such as literature that has multiple layers of meaning, art that can be interpreted in various ways, and technology that serves multiple functions.

5. Why is it important for something to "work on many levels"?

Having something that "works on many levels" is important because it adds depth and complexity to the subject, making it more engaging and thought-provoking. It also allows for different perspectives and interpretations, making it more relatable to a wider audience.