Thinking of getting this book in conjuction with Spivak

In summary, the conversation discusses the books "Calculus and Linear Algebra V.1" and "Calculus and Linear Algebra Vol. 2" and their authors, as well as alternative sources for studying these topics. The individual asking for recommendations also mentions using books by Allendoerfer and REA for pre-calculus and algebra before moving on to the recommended books.
Physics news on Phys.org
Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for the alternative source as far as price.

I have the advanced calculus book by kaplan.

I'm going to start my self study by studying Pre-Calculus/ Algebra from Allendoerfer Fundamentals of Freshman Mathematics and REA's pre-calculus problem solver and Algebra Trigonometry problem solver. Then move on to Spivak and Kaplan's Calculus and Linear Algebra.

Related to Thinking of getting this book in conjuction with Spivak

1. What is the book "Thinking of getting this book in conjuction with Spivak" about?

The book is a comprehensive guide to understanding and applying concepts in mathematics, specifically calculus. It covers a wide range of topics and includes numerous examples and exercises to help readers grasp the material.

2. Is this book suitable for beginners?

Yes, this book is suitable for beginners as well as those with some background in mathematics. It starts with the basics and gradually increases in difficulty, making it accessible for all levels of readers.

3. How is this book different from other books on calculus?

This book is unique in the way it approaches the subject of calculus. It not only explains the concepts and theories, but also provides real-world applications and examples, making it easier for readers to understand and apply the material.

4. Do I need any prior knowledge to understand this book?

Some basic understanding of algebra and geometry will be helpful, but the book does not assume any prior knowledge of calculus. It is designed to be a comprehensive guide for readers of all levels.

5. Are there any additional resources that come with this book?

Yes, the book comes with online resources, including practice problems, quizzes, and additional exercises to help readers reinforce their understanding of the material. There is also a forum where readers can ask questions and interact with other readers.