Thermodynamic steam tables help.

In summary, thermodynamic steam tables are a set of tables containing data on the properties of water and steam, used by scientists and engineers for analysis and problem-solving. They provide crucial information for understanding and designing systems involving steam, and typically include temperature, pressure, enthalpy, and other relevant values. Unlike other tables, they are specifically focused on water and steam and are based on principles of thermodynamics. Despite modern technology, they remain a valuable resource for researchers and professionals.
MMCS
I am trying to figure out the temperature of steam when it is only dry saturated, it has the follwoing properties

Mass = 0.05kg
pressure = 15bar
volume = 0.0076m^3
temperature = 250°C

Thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
I'm just guessing, but I think I'm right... how about 250°C?

chemisttree said:
I'm just guessing, but I think I'm right... how about 250°C?

Ha, My fault, bad question. it was supposed to mean, when steam is cooled from the initial properties given, at what temperature will it be just dry saturated

Is it correct to assume that the volume is held constant during the cooling?

for reaching out about this topic! I am happy to provide some information on thermodynamic steam tables and how they can help in determining the temperature of steam.

Thermodynamic steam tables are a useful tool for engineers and scientists in the field of thermodynamics. These tables provide a comprehensive list of the thermodynamic properties of water and steam at different temperatures and pressures. This includes properties such as temperature, pressure, volume, and enthalpy, among others.

In your specific case, you are trying to determine the temperature of steam when it is dry saturated, meaning it is in a state where it contains both liquid and vapor phases in equilibrium. By using the provided properties of mass, pressure, volume, and temperature, you can consult a thermodynamic steam table to find the corresponding temperature.

For example, with a mass of 0.05kg and a pressure of 15bar, you can use the table to find the specific volume of steam, which in this case is 0.0076m^3. From there, you can use the specific volume and the temperature of 250°C to determine the quality of the steam, which is the ratio of the mass of vapor to the total mass of the mixture.

Thermodynamic steam tables are a valuable tool for engineers and scientists in various industries, as they provide accurate and reliable data for the properties of water and steam. I hope this information helps in your research and understanding of steam properties.

Related to Thermodynamic steam tables help.

1. What are thermodynamic steam tables?

Thermodynamic steam tables are a set of tables that contain data on the thermodynamic properties of water and steam, such as temperature, pressure, density, and enthalpy. They are used by scientists and engineers to analyze and solve problems related to steam and water in various systems.

2. How do thermodynamic steam tables help in scientific research?

Thermodynamic steam tables provide important data and relationships that can be used to analyze and predict the behavior of water and steam in different systems. This information is crucial in understanding and designing processes and equipment that involve steam, such as power plants, refrigeration systems, and chemical reactions.

3. What types of data are typically found in thermodynamic steam tables?

Some common data found in thermodynamic steam tables include temperature, pressure, enthalpy, entropy, and specific volume. These values are often presented in different combinations and formats, depending on the specific table and its intended use.

4. How are thermodynamic steam tables different from other types of tables?

Unlike other tables, thermodynamic steam tables are specifically designed to contain data related to the properties of water and steam. They are based on the principles of thermodynamics and are used in a wide range of scientific and engineering applications.

5. Are thermodynamic steam tables still relevant in modern science?

Yes, thermodynamic steam tables are still widely used in modern science and engineering. While there are now computer programs and online tools that can provide similar data, thermodynamic steam tables remain a useful reference for many researchers and professionals working with steam and water systems.