The Korowai people and NASA's robotic car

• NASA
  • Thread starter Planobilly
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Car
In summary, our planet is incredibly diverse with people living in trees in one part and driving robotic cars on Mars in another. It's amazing to think about and it's definitely not just you who finds this world strange. Bringing together different cultures through food is a great way to celebrate our diversity.
Planobilly
How diverse are we on this planet?
A couple of photos of the Korowai people from the southwest Indonesian province of Papua. The Korowai people live in trees which I read wards off annoying neighbours and evil spirits.
SedNNu4.jpg

4yL3La1.jpg

In another part of the planet the NASA tribe is hard at work driving their robotic cars around on Mars.
Pw1YwsS.jpg

nHMnh7W.jpg

I on the other hand, live in a place called Florida.
X1ZD7R2.jpg

I find it very hard to imagine the view through the eyes of the people of NASA and equally hard to imagine the view through the eyes of the Korowai. I find it even stranger that we all live on the same planet at the same time.

What would one serve for lunch for this diverse group? I guess the NASA tribe could be up for trying some local bush meat and the Korowai may order up "leg of engineer"...lol

All joking aside, am I the only one who finds this a strange world to live in?

Cheers,

Billy

Likes Sophia
Physics news on Phys.org
I have no idea what your question is and why it would be worthy of a thread. Closed. If you have some astounding insight on why this should be a thread feel free to PM me.

No, Billy, you are definitely not the only one who finds this world strange. It is truly amazing how diverse our planet is and how different people's ways of life can be. From living in trees to driving robotic cars on another planet, it's mind-blowing to think about. As for lunch, I think a mix of traditional dishes from both cultures would be a great way to bring everyone together and celebrate our diversity. Cheers to the strange, yet fascinating world we live in!

Related to The Korowai people and NASA's robotic car

1. Who are the Korowai people?

The Korowai people are a tribe that inhabits the southeastern part of the Indonesian province of Papua. They are known for their traditional way of life, which includes living in treehouses and hunting using traditional methods.

2. How does NASA's robotic car relate to the Korowai people?

NASA's robotic car, also known as the Mars rover, has been named after the Korowai people. This is because the rover shares similarities with the tribe's ability to adapt and survive in extreme environments.

3. What is the significance of naming the robotic car after the Korowai people?

Naming the robotic car after the Korowai people serves as a symbol of resilience and adaptability. It also brings attention to the unique culture and traditions of the tribe, and highlights the importance of preserving indigenous knowledge and practices.

4. How does the Korowai people's way of life differ from modern society?

The Korowai people have a hunter-gatherer lifestyle, living off the land and using traditional methods to hunt and gather food. They also have a strong connection to nature and live in harmony with their surroundings, which differs from the fast-paced and technology-driven modern society.

5. Is there any collaboration between NASA and the Korowai people?

Currently, there is no official collaboration between NASA and the Korowai people. However, the naming of the robotic car after the tribe has brought attention to the importance of preserving indigenous knowledge and practices, which could potentially lead to future collaborations.