The Iron inside a cell pulls and holds on to the oxygen

In summary, the conversation discusses the possibility of using supermagnetic iron to separate hydrogen and oxygen molecules from water for later use as fuel. However, it is determined that this would not be feasible due to the difficulty of breaking down water molecules and the potential for fusion as a better use of a powerful magnetic field. The conversation also briefly touches on the composition of amniotic fluid and the role it plays in providing oxygen and nutrients to a developing fetus.
Fromfiretolife
Now for another question on the same subject You all know how in the human body the oxygen binds to the iron compound inside the hemoglobin. and that carbon monoxide has a 200 to 1 affinity to oxygen within the hemoglobin. But anyway my question is if The Iron inside a cell pulls and holds on to the oxygen bubles inside the hemoglobin. Then is it possible to take Iron maybe supermagnetic Iron using possibly zpe's and pull the oxygen off of the hydrogen and trap the hydrogen in one container and the oxygen in another container. for later usage of hydrogen as fuel.

Physics news on Phys.org
Fromfirey: "zpe's"?

I do not think even supermagnetism would be enough to pull water molecules apart, never mind getting the parts into the proper containers. Also, I think you get H and OH parts, not H, H, and O parts, if I understand your writing.

Besides, if one could generate a powerful enough magnetic field, I would think fusion is a better use.

H2o

The meaning I gave to zpe was zero potential energy that's for making the magnet, that is if it is available in our technology yet. I see thank you, Out and beyond what I don't understand and something I will be doing research on is in the human body --the lungs while humans are fetuses in the wound, there is amniotic fluid in the lungs of the fetus that I believe, don't quote me on this one, if the child is able to obtain nutrients and breakdown the substance it would be interesting to find out the chemical composition of amniotic fluid down to the detail and better understand how if they do break down the fluids in the lungs for some oxygen and what about the other properties in the amniotic fluid. From what I understand the amniotic fluid is composed of the fetuses urine-dont quote me on this one either if so is there nitrogen in the fetuses or Hydrogen in the childs urine? Its kind of complicated. THe air that we breathe in contains 78% nitrogen, oxygen is about 21% and carbon dioxide plus traces of argon, helium and other rare gasses about 1%, carbon dioxide is less than 1%. If the human body can manipulate these elements there has to be a way for us to manipulate them on the outside using similar technologies.

The fetus receives oxygen and nutrition from the mother via the umbilical cord.

- Warren

Yes your right I had myself backwards there the amniotic fluid- during the pregnancy the fetus adds to the volume of the amniotic fluid with urine and lung secretions.

Related to The Iron inside a cell pulls and holds on to the oxygen

1. What is the Iron inside a cell?

The Iron inside a cell refers to the presence of iron atoms within the cell's cytoplasm, which is the fluid inside a cell that contains various organelles.

2. How does iron pull and hold on to oxygen?

Iron has a high affinity for oxygen, meaning that it easily attracts and binds to oxygen molecules. This is due to the electronic structure of iron, which allows it to form strong bonds with oxygen atoms.

3. Why is the ability to pull and hold on to oxygen important for cells?

Oxygen is essential for cellular respiration, which is the process that produces energy for the cell. Iron's ability to bind to oxygen allows it to transport and deliver oxygen to where it is needed in the cell.

4. What happens if there is not enough iron inside a cell?

If there is a deficiency of iron inside a cell, it can lead to a decrease in the production of red blood cells, which can cause anemia. This can result in symptoms such as fatigue, weakness, and shortness of breath.

5. How does the body regulate the amount of iron inside cells?

The body has a complex system for regulating the amount of iron inside cells. This includes the absorption of iron from the diet, the recycling of iron from old red blood cells, and the storage of excess iron in specialized cells. Hormones and other proteins also play a role in regulating iron levels.