The Impact of Mechanical Engineers in Prosthetics Development

• Thread starter Roy1984
  • Start date
In summary, Mechanical engineers play a crucial role in the development of prosthetics, which are artificial limbs used to improve the mobility and quality of life for individuals with physical disabilities. They are responsible for designing and creating prosthetic devices that are lightweight, durable, and capable of mimicking the movements of natural limbs. Through their expertise in materials science, mechanics, and design, mechanical engineers are able to improve the functionality and comfort of prosthetics, making them more accessible and effective for those in need. Additionally, their understanding of biomechanics allows them to integrate prosthetics seamlessly with the human body, allowing for a more natural and efficient movement. Thanks to the contributions of mechanical engineers, prosthetics continue to advance and positively impact the lives of individuals with
Roy1984
Hi Everyone
Just want to introduce myself quickly:
I'm a mechanical engineer and mainly have experience in numerical structural analysis while my focus in previous years was on strength assessment of metallic structures for railway vehicles. Lately I have changed the scope quite a bit and currently I'm working as a product development engineer for prosthetics in the dental field.
My physics knowledge mainly covers Newtonian physics and basic mechanics since in general this is sufficient when working as an engineer, as long as your not involved in aerospace stuff. ;-)

Likes Aufbauwerk 2045
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to the PF, Roy! :smile: