Technically, Air Vehicle Number

• Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Air Vehicle
In summary, the conversation is discussing the legitimacy of a photo of a supposed new aircraft, Air Vehicle Number 1, which was actually a spoof from the movie "Stealth." The conversation also touches on the concepts behind the design of the aircraft and mentions actress Jessica Biel and the X-45 series of aircraft.
Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Technically, Air Vehicle Number 1.

Cool

http://www.defesabr.com/FAB/FA-37_Talon_a.jpg

Physics news on Phys.org

I flew in one.

LOL this is the one that people repeatedly reported as UFOs during testing in the Nevada/NM/Cali deserts.

Pengwuino said:
I flew in one.

*BS detector beeping* really?

Yes, that carrier stopped by Antarctica a couple years ago and I stole it.

In my aircraft design book there is some concepts that look very similar to this. It leads me to believe they found some neat out there concepts and used it when making the movie stealth (Found out this picture is from that movie thanks to Google - never saw the film).

Just for clarity, everyone here is aware that this aircraft does not exist, right?

Ha ha, no, I was duped. This was mixed in with a bunch of legitimate military photos received by email. Never saw the movie. I just assumed this was the first peak at the next generation. [well, as was indicated in the email].

Even worse, rather than checking the photo for legitimacy, I just made sure it was public information before posting. :smile:

Last edited:

Sure glad to find that this is a spoof. My photochop sensors went off immediately, but Ivan posted it so it must be good, right?

That has to be the ugliest and least aerodynamic modern plane I have ever seen.

Last edited:

Well, stealth and aerodynamics have never been allies. And it looks a bit like the displays I've seen at one aerospace contractor site.

Sorry guys, I didn't think I needed to check on this one.

Stealth is an awesome movie, worth seeing. And Jessica Biel is in it...

That is ok Ivan, I left off the smilies :smile:

waht said:
Stealth is an awesome movie, worth seeing. And Jessica Biel is in it...

Yes, although I really enjoyed her performance in Next...

Meanwhile, the http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X-45A" series is in its fourth iteration, having gone through X-45-A/B/C and N (for Navy), and while the F-117 was a little rough around the edges, this baby is both very stealthy as well as very sleek. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Related to Technically, Air Vehicle Number

1. What is "Technically, Air Vehicle Number"?

"Technically, Air Vehicle Number" is a term used in the field of aviation to identify a specific aircraft. It is also known as the registration or tail number and is unique to each aircraft.

2. How is "Technically, Air Vehicle Number" assigned?

"Technically, Air Vehicle Number" is assigned by the country's aviation authority, such as the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) in the United States. The number is based on a standardized system that includes a combination of numbers and letters.

3. Why is "Technically, Air Vehicle Number" important?

"Technically, Air Vehicle Number" is important for tracking and identifying aircraft in the event of an emergency or incident. It is also used for maintenance and regulatory purposes, such as ensuring the aircraft is up to date with inspections and certifications.

4. Can "Technically, Air Vehicle Number" be changed?

In most cases, "Technically, Air Vehicle Number" cannot be changed. However, there are certain circumstances where it may be changed, such as if the aircraft is sold to a different country or if the owner requests a personalized number for marketing purposes.

5. How can I find the "Technically, Air Vehicle Number" for a specific aircraft?

The "Technically, Air Vehicle Number" can usually be found on the exterior of the aircraft, near the tail or on the wings. It may also be listed on the aircraft's registration documents or in an online database maintained by the aviation authority.