Teachers: Double Their Salary and Quantity

In summary, teachers in America are paid much less than those in other wealthy countries, and this has a negative impact on the educational system.
coberst
Teachers: Double Their Salary and Quantity

Few things are more important to our national longevity, wellbeing, and security than well educated citizens. Nothing of such importance is so misunderstood and ignored in America.

I suspect that this important matter lacks sophisticated understanding by Americans because adult Americans had a poor education.

I claim that our education policy results from the intentionality of those who strongly affect public policy rather than misunderstanding by the citizens. I claim that the power of Corporate America greatly determines our public policy and thus our educational system, which is designed to graduate good producers and consumers.

I think that adult Americans must resist the temptation to store their critical intellect with their year-book in the attic when their school daze are over.

To lend support for my claim I have copied this paragraph from an article “Don’t Blame All Borrowers” from the Washington Post http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/04/25/AR2008042502783.html

“Yet millions of families got into financial trouble simply because they understood that life is graded on the curve. The best jobs go to graduates from the best colleges, and because only the best-prepared students are accepted to those colleges, it is quixotic to expect parents to bypass an opportunity to send their children to the best elementary and secondary schools they can. The financial deregulation that enabled them to bid ever larger amounts for houses in the best school districts essentially guaranteed a housing bubble that would leave millions of families dangerously overextended.”

Science news on Phys.org
I don't see any real arguments in that post and you don't even mention your thesis, much less attempt to defend it.

American schools fare better than Norwegian schools academically, and ours are fully funded by the state (the few families sending their children to the few private schools here get approx 80% refund from the state)

So, all these calls for more public funding are not, in US interest..

And software engineers too.

Related to Teachers: Double Their Salary and Quantity

1. What is the purpose of doubling teachers' salary and quantity?

The purpose of doubling teachers' salary and quantity is to attract more qualified individuals to the teaching profession and improve the overall quality of education. It is also a way to recognize and value the hard work and dedication of teachers.

2. How will doubling teachers' salary and quantity be funded?

Doubling teachers' salary and quantity can be funded through various means such as increasing education budgets, reallocating funds from other areas, or implementing new taxes specifically for education. It is important to ensure that the funding is sustainable and does not compromise the quality of education.

3. Will doubling teachers' salary and quantity automatically improve the education system?

Doubling teachers' salary and quantity is just one aspect of improving the education system. It can help in attracting and retaining talented teachers, but other factors such as curriculum, resources, and teaching methods also play a crucial role in improving the education system.

4. How will doubling teachers' salary and quantity affect the current teachers?

Doubling teachers' salary and quantity can have a positive impact on the current teachers by increasing their job satisfaction and motivation. It can also help in reducing teacher turnover and improving the overall working conditions of teachers.

5. Are there any potential challenges in doubling teachers' salary and quantity?

One potential challenge in doubling teachers' salary and quantity is the availability of funds and the sustainability of the funding. There may also be resistance from other stakeholders such as taxpayers and government officials. Additionally, there may be challenges in implementing this policy in different regions or countries with varying education systems and economic situations.