Surveying Update: Last 2 Points Change Plans

• Thread starter tribdog
  • Start date
In summary, the engineer at their company was told to do something that wouldn't work and was then punished for it.
tribdog
A while back I was saying that I didn't like the way I had been asked to layout a new road being built. I thought that they were making it too difficult on themselves. I staked it out how they wanted it (they wanted it to blend into the desert in a pretty way) all 6 miles of it (3miles on each side of the road) Then today as I was laying the last 2 points, I said the LAST 2, I was informed that they think that they are going to put curb and gutter along the edges instead of their original plan, because it will be easier.
Next time I feel like I don't know what I'm doing please remind me to go with my first instincts.

Engineering news on Phys.org
Heh - welcome to engineering. You are always at the mercy of what "they" want and "they" aren't always thinking clearly. It sucks, I know. At my company, we have a job right now where we are being paid extra to fix mistakes we knew we made in a system we designed. Why? Because "they" insisted the system be designed that way.

[dramatization]
They: Do it this way.
We: It won't work that way.
They: Do it anyway.
We: Ok, fine - we warned you.
[...six months later...]
They: It doesn't work.
We: We know - we told you six months ago it wouldn't.
They: No you didn't - fix it!
We: Yes we did - here it is in writing.
They: Oh...please fix it?
We: Certainly - that'll be $10,000.

So the real question is - can you profit from their tenacious stupidity?

Last edited:
:smile: :smile:

And the worst thing is that "they" surely take home more money than you.

it actually works out easier for me this way, and even with what I've already done it will be less work for me than if they didn't change. I just wish I hadn't already staked so much for nothing

Related to Surveying Update: Last 2 Points Change Plans

1. What is "Surveying Update: Last 2 Points Change Plans"?

"Surveying Update: Last 2 Points Change Plans" is a report that outlines any changes made to the last 2 points of a survey plan. This information is important for accurately tracking any changes in the landscape or property boundaries.

2. Why is it important to have a surveying update for the last 2 points?

Having a surveying update for the last 2 points is important because it helps to ensure the accuracy and reliability of the survey plan. Any changes to the last 2 points can have a significant impact on the overall plan and can affect property boundaries and legal rights.

3. How often should a surveying update for the last 2 points be done?

The frequency of surveying updates for the last 2 points can vary depending on the specific project or location. However, it is generally recommended to have a surveying update done at least every 5 years or whenever there are significant changes to the landscape or property boundaries.

4. Who is responsible for conducting the surveying update for the last 2 points?

A licensed surveyor is typically responsible for conducting the surveying update for the last 2 points. They have the necessary training and expertise to accurately measure and record any changes to the survey plan.

5. Are there any potential challenges in conducting a surveying update for the last 2 points?

Yes, there can be potential challenges in conducting a surveying update for the last 2 points. These can include difficult terrain, adverse weather conditions, or conflicting property rights. It is important for the surveyor to carefully navigate these challenges to ensure an accurate and reliable update.