Suggestion on a good All-In-One inkject printer for craft

• Thread starter yungman
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Suggestion
In summary, the person wants an easy to use and consistent all-in-one printer that can print on different sizes. They do not want a Canon printer because they have had problems with them in the past. They are considering the HP all-in-one printer because it is simple and does not change. However, they are not happy with it because the printer changes with every auto update and the big boss is always yelling.
yungman
I am looking for an easy to use and consistent All-In-One printer for craft. My big boss is going to throw both my Canon and HP out the window if I cannot find a good one.

Being good, of cause have to have good color, which, I think everyone is good enough. What my big boss want is easy to use, consistent. She needs to print envelopes, card stocks and on different sizes, not just letter size. The Canon is pinching her nerve and I get to hear about it everyday. It is over $250, not a cheap printer.

We definitely don't want another Canon, we have had like 5 in the last two years, they are the worst. At this point, money is NOT an issue ( of cause not like $1000 or up). what she hate about the Canon is after she find a way to set up to print it in certain way, she wrote down the notes how to do it again. Then the printer CHANGED with every auto update and that really making her furious. She want something that is simple mind, consistent ones...Like she love the old HP we had like 20 years ago. It was quite expensive like $400, but it's simple, you find a way to do a job, it never change. Fast and simple. Now a days, those printers are so so slow and have a mind of it's own. i made the mistake of dumping the old HP away thinking the new ones are just going to be better. Bought the new HP for like $400, it's a piece of $hit, neither one of us even use it and is about to go to the junkyard. The worst part of both printers is they ask you question, then ask are you sure this is what you want...and then print out wrong anyway!

Bottom line, she needs a good one for dummies.

Thanks

Computer science news on Phys.org
What do you mean by "for craft"?

When I read your thread title, I thought you were asking about using it for crafting, which would probably include non-standard features like printing with adhesive inks and other stuff.

But from reading your OP, it looks like you just want a standard inkjet printer with some features that you like. Is that true? Also, you mention all-in-one in "All-In-One printer for craft" in your post -- do you mean you want it to also be capable of scanning and faxing?

berkeman said:
What do you mean by "for craft"?

When I read your thread title, I thought you were asking about using it for crafting, which would probably include non-standard features like printing with adhesive inks and other stuff.

But from reading your OP, it looks like you just want a standard inkjet printer with some features that you like. Is that true? Also, you mention all-in-one in "All-In-One printer for craft" in your post -- do you mean you want it to also be capable of scanning and faxing?
Thanks for the reply

Yes, just to print on paper of different sizes, nothing about adhesive inks and the other stuffs. She wants to print like small place cards, self made Christmas cards, she even make envelopes, she just want to print on those. Yes, it would be nice to have scanning, no faxing. But if it is just a printer, I would consider it also if it is very good.

Thanks

Can I remove the words "for craft" from your title? It may confuse others as it did me. I still don't understand that term in the context of your question. No big deal.

BTW, if "craft" does mean something to you or your manager, here is an article to look through:

http://www.triangulationblog.com/best-printer-for-crafters/

berkeman said:
BTW, if "craft" does mean something to you or your manager, here is an article to look through:

http://www.triangulationblog.com/best-printer-for-crafters/
Thanks

I actually got this article and others, I really want to get something people actually have experience with it. Right now, big boss is screaming upstairs and the Canon is about to be out the window!

Canon is OUT, period, we have had 5 in the last two years. None of them are cheap....

What is an All-In-One inkjet printer?

An All-In-One inkjet printer is a type of printer that can perform multiple functions such as printing, scanning, copying, and sometimes even faxing. It is a versatile and convenient option for those who need to perform various tasks with a single device.

What should I look for in an All-In-One inkjet printer for crafting?

When looking for an All-In-One inkjet printer for crafting, it is important to consider the quality of its prints, the type of ink it uses, its ability to print on various materials, and its overall durability. You may also want to look for additional features such as wireless connectivity and compatibility with different design software.

Is an All-In-One inkjet printer suitable for professional crafting?

It depends on your specific needs and preferences. All-In-One inkjet printers can produce high-quality prints, but they may not have the same level of precision and color accuracy as professional-grade printers. It is best to do some research and read reviews to determine if a particular printer meets your professional crafting requirements.

What is the average cost of a good All-In-One inkjet printer for crafting?

The cost of an All-In-One inkjet printer for crafting can vary greatly depending on the brand, features, and capabilities. On average, a good quality printer can range from $100 to $500. It is important to consider your budget and the features you need before making a purchase.

Can I use third-party ink cartridges with an All-In-One inkjet printer?

It is possible to use third-party ink cartridges with an All-In-One inkjet printer. However, it is important to note that using non-branded ink may void the printer's warranty and could potentially cause damage to the device. It is best to check with the manufacturer before using third-party ink cartridges.