Subsea Power Generation: A New Approach to Sustainable Energy

• Thread starter Physics2010e
  • Start date
In summary, Jarednjames has come up with a way to generate power using the air's lifting power by using a subsea airwheel. However, the idea may not be feasible due to the physics laws and the energy required to pump the air or natural gas down into the water.
Physics2010e
Hello

I have figured out a way that we maybe can generate power with.

I have talked with some people but they doesn't understand my idea.

I am not to good in the math / physics. But i like to invent things.

If you look at the picture: Subsea airwheel.jpg, then what i thinking of is that we can put air

into the open tanks from 6 o clock till 9 - 1+ o clock. Then at 12 o clock the air runs out

itself. The tanks are automaticly filled with water and sinks again. When I say clock I only

try to explain the position of the wheel.

I have tried to fill a little air in a bottle with water, and I see that it generates a huge

amount of lift.

Why not use the air's lifting power? Can even run at night time. And in quiet water.

What I am thinking of running this wheel with is:

-nature gas.

Because we can produce energy of this gas before even burning it.

If you want you can produce hermetic systems which can use the gas many times. (i hope so). If they beeing put on top of each other.

-maybe we can use it on Iceland?

-The black shimneys in the oceans?

-What about cooking water from the Earth's magma and use the steam in the wheel.

I hope some of you see my idea.

I thinking of this because some day the oil will run out and we need alternatives.

I got this idea from my aquarium. Why not use rising air.

It's kinda reversal system of hydroelectric powerplants.

Maybe this is against the physics laws. This is why I ask you in this forum.

Attachments

• Subsea airwheel.jpg
    Subsea airwheel.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 375
Engineering news on Phys.org
Getting the air down to the depths required plus pumping it into the tanks at the bottom (evacuating the water) would require more energy than you get out of the system.

This is an over unity device as far as I can see, so it won't work.

You may want to provide more details before this thread gets locked.

Physics2010e said:
Hello

I have figured out a way that we maybe can generate power with.

I have talked with some people but they doesn't understand my idea.

I am not to good in the math / physics. But i like to invent things.

If you look at the picture: Subsea airwheel.jpg, then what i thinking of is that we can put air

into the open tanks from 6 o clock till 9 - 1+ o clock. Then at 12 o clock the air runs out

itself. The tanks are automaticly filled with water and sinks again. When I say clock I only

try to explain the position of the wheel.

I have tried to fill a little air in a bottle with water, and I see that it generates a huge

amount of lift.

Why not use the air's lifting power? Can even run at night time. And in quiet water.

What I am thinking of running this wheel with is:

-nature gas.

Because we can produce energy of this gas before even burning it.

If you want you can produce hermetic systems which can use the gas many times. (i hope so). If they beeing put on top of each other.

-maybe we can use it on Iceland?

-The black shimneys in the oceans?

-What about cooking water from the Earth's magma and use the steam in the wheel.

I hope some of you see my idea.

I thinking of this because some day the oil will run out and we need alternatives.

I got this idea from my aquarium. Why not use rising air.

It's kinda reversal system of hydroelectric powerplants.

Maybe this is against the physics laws. This is why I ask you in this forum.

As jarednjames says, it takes more energy to pump the air or natural gas down into the water than you get back out from the motion of the wheel.

However, if you were tapping natural gas from under the seafloor, that's a different situation. You could extract some energy from the compressed natural gas as you let it rise to the surface (like maybe with turbines or something), but it probably wouldn't be all that much energy.

berkeman said:
However, if you were tapping natural gas from under the seafloor, that's a different situation. You could extract some energy from the compressed natural gas as you let it rise to the surface (like maybe with turbines or something), but it probably wouldn't be all that much energy.

That's actually the sort of thing I was hoping the OP would clarify, but I also wanted a bit more detail such as how long enough pressure would remain to keep the system producing energy (how long would gas pressure remain able to pressurise the chambers).

Thank you everyone for your quick response.

It's nice to get things clarified.

Merry cristmas to all of you in the Physics Forums.

Related to Subsea Power Generation: A New Approach to Sustainable Energy

What is subsea power generation?

Subsea power generation is a method of producing electricity using renewable energy sources such as wind, wave, or tidal power, located underwater. It involves the installation of power generation equipment on or near the seabed, rather than on land.

Why is subsea power generation important for sustainable energy?

Subsea power generation is important for sustainable energy because it harnesses renewable energy sources that are constantly replenished by nature, making it a more environmentally friendly alternative to traditional fossil fuel-based power generation. It also has the potential to reduce carbon emissions and dependence on non-renewable resources.

What are the benefits of subsea power generation?

Some of the benefits of subsea power generation include its ability to generate electricity in remote areas, its minimal impact on marine ecosystems, and its potential for cost savings in the long term. It also has the potential to provide a stable and reliable source of energy, reducing the need for backup power sources.

What are the challenges of subsea power generation?

One of the main challenges of subsea power generation is the harsh and unpredictable marine environment, which can cause damage and require frequent maintenance of equipment. Another challenge is the high initial cost of installation and maintenance, as well as the technical challenges of transmitting electricity from underwater to onshore.

What are some current developments and advancements in subsea power generation?

Some current developments in subsea power generation include the use of advanced materials and technologies to improve the durability and efficiency of underwater equipment. There is also ongoing research and development in the area of energy storage and transmission, as well as the integration of subsea power generation with other renewable energy sources.