String Frequencies: Does It Make Sense?

In summary, the conversation discusses the possibility of using string theory to explain the motion of tiny particles and the potential for particle teleportation. The speaker suggests that controlling the frequencies and phases of electrons within a string could potentially lead to powerful forces and energy transfer. However, the process would require complex hardware and a lot of work.
seurat01
Does it make any sense to ask at what frequencies stings vibrate? If so, is there a source that provides information along these lines?

Physics news on Phys.org
This one time I was watching a candle burning... the liquid wax had the tiniest pieces of dust sitting on it because they were less dense. They seemed to float and something caught my eye about their motion. They moved in an eliptical path, between the point of the burning candle tip and distance D away, then back very rapidly. The particles were moving in the exact same eliptical paths at different phases. The only thing I could think of was the string theory existing within a vacuum state. Then I wondered the same question you just asked. To move this account to a smaller scale, the size of electrons would be accurate. The maximum charge a pair of electrons can have and the distance between the electrons could be used to find the frequency of that string during that instance. I suppose the division (of the two averaged found frequencies) by (the average of the distanced) could give you a constant for string frequency over any distance if the motion was always linear. However I stated already the motion I observed was eliptical(which would make sence)... so many plots would have to be made to figure out how the elipses relate over distances. I do believe that since the acceleration is never linear then it would require complex hardware to even move an electron within a whole string. The phase of the other electrons would be just as hard to control while controlling an entire string. Simple phase alignment would destroy the natural rotations of everything. Since the acceleration is never linear the frequencies are just as diverse per instance. Strings remind me of DNA in some weird way. * insight *

After posting this... I have come to the conclusion that if you met an electrons' frequencies in a "string" at the same phase then the amplitude of the force could make that charge re-appear distance D down the natural order of string collisions with minor resistance. Hence, particle teleportation("fake" light). To phase a whole object with the elliptical frequencies of the string given the density of the area would be significant (gravity) a strange force to feel. I suppose you could phase a mass and collect the energy if the object was small enough to "orbit" a whole string given the string is stable but then again a phase would be naturally induced into an object smaller than the string anyhow. The key would be to correctly phase with an electron with a very large force so at the end of the string there would be a highly powerfull force traveling over an undefined resistance. This would almost completely anihilate the need for a highly strong force in the begining. Since the natural trade off of energy is essentially in a linear direction from electron to electron the resulting electric would be near DC if not completely.So dose anyone want to build a machine that synchronizes frequencies with the phase of an electron(given the elptical patern at a given temperature) in a wire and measure the result at the end? *laughs* I suppose it isn't impossible but would require a lot of work.

Related to String Frequencies: Does It Make Sense?

1. What are string frequencies?

String frequencies refer to the vibrations or oscillations of a string, which determines the pitch or note produced by a musical instrument.

2. How do string frequencies affect the sound of an instrument?

The higher the frequency of a string, the higher the pitch or note produced by the instrument. Lower frequencies result in lower pitches. The combination of different string frequencies also creates different harmonies and tones.

3. Do string frequencies vary between different types of instruments?

Yes, string frequencies can vary between different types of instruments. For example, a guitar and a violin may have different string frequencies due to their different sizes, materials, and methods of producing sound.

4. Can string frequencies be adjusted or changed?

Yes, string frequencies can be adjusted or changed by altering the tension, length, or thickness of the string. This can be done manually, such as tuning a guitar, or through electronic means, such as using a pedal on an electric guitar.

5. Are string frequencies important in music theory?

Yes, string frequencies are an important aspect of music theory as they help to explain the relationships between different notes and chords. This understanding is essential for composing and playing music, especially for string instruments.