Straying from the topic at hand....

• MHB
  • Thread starter mathmaniac1
  • Start date
  • Tags
    hand Topic
In summary, the chat room won't become a spam room, and people will still be able to interact with each other.
mathmaniac1
Re: E=MC^2,What is E?

Moderator note: the following comment was made in another topic, and I found it humorous in a way and wanted to continue the discussion without derailing the other discussion:

Oh,are we deviating and will this affect the forum?

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
mathmaniac said:
Oh,are we deviating and will this affect the forum?...

I read all posts in all topics...if you deviate, I will be there with my extensive and most impressive array of moderation tools at hand and ready to wield...(Devil)

Re: E=MC^2,What is E?

Don't forget to warn me if I am deviating...Edit:
Oh,you separated it from the real topic...Good Job,Mark...So quick and efficient(Yes)

Last edited:
Yes, I am having fun with this, but not at the expense of the other topic (Lipssealed), so now we may continue this here without deviation! (Clapping)

Plus I wanted to try out a suggestion for copying posts, which works wonderfully by the way! (Yes)

I have a doubt.
Won't chat room become a spam room...?
What happens if a day comes when people register on MHB only to blog...?

mathmaniac said:
I have a doubt.

The staff isn't going to allow people to come here for the sole purpose of blogging.

mathmaniac said:
I have a doubt.
They will be "moderated", I suppose (Smoking). Though there have been talks about MHB member blogs, but I'm not sure how concrete is it at the moment.

I haven't seen anything undesirable here,so far.I like this virtual world better than the real world because its a bunch of very NICE "mathmaniacs" and the chat room is good to know each others.

Related to Straying from the topic at hand....

1. What is the definition of "straying from the topic at hand" in scientific research?

Straying from the topic at hand refers to when a researcher deviates from the main focus of their study and begins to explore unrelated or tangential ideas or concepts. This can result in a loss of coherence and focus in the research, making it less effective and reliable.

2. Why is it important to stay on topic in scientific research?

Staying on topic is crucial in scientific research because it ensures that the study remains focused and relevant to its purpose. Straying from the topic can lead to biased or inaccurate results, as well as a waste of time and resources.

3. What are some common reasons for straying from the topic in scientific research?

Some common reasons for straying from the topic in scientific research include a lack of clear research objectives, insufficient knowledge or understanding of the subject matter, and a desire to explore interesting but irrelevant ideas or data.

4. How can researchers avoid straying from the topic in their studies?

To avoid straying from the topic, researchers should clearly define their research questions and objectives before beginning their study. They should also stay organized and focused during data collection and analysis, and regularly review their progress to ensure they are staying on track.

5. What are the potential consequences of straying from the topic in scientific research?

Straying from the topic can have several negative consequences in scientific research, including biased or inaccurate results, a loss of credibility, and a waste of time and resources. It can also make it difficult for other researchers to replicate or build upon the study's findings.