Stop Mouseover Nuisance on Forums

• Thread starter gnome
  • Start date
In summary, the recent change to vbulletin 3 on various forums has added annoying mouseover "preview windows" that can obstruct the list of thread titles. The user suggests the option to disable or limit the area for the mouseover feature. They also mention the improved overall look but question the supposed "terrible layout errors" in the previous format. Another user jokingly suggests that being a member of a physics community may contribute to the dislike for the feature.
gnome
The change to vbulletin 3 here and on various other forums has brought with it these very annoying mouseover "preview windows" -- or whatever they're called -- that constantly get in the way when I'm just trying to read the list of thread titles.

Any chance of shutting that off? Or at least make it more focused - like requiring the mouse to be directly over some limited area rather than anywhere near the titles? As it is, it's almost as bad as having ads pop up in the middle of the page.

Sorry to keep complaining, but ... :mad:

I must admit, though, that the overall look has gotten much better over the past 2 weeks (but I still don't know what the "terrible layout errors" were -- the old format looked fine to me).

Physics news on Phys.org
Your talking about the tooltip right? Just don't have your cursor by the titles when your browsing right?

Just don't have your cursor by the titles when your browsing right?
Too complicated. Too many things to think about. Grumble. Grumble. :mad:

gnome said:
Too complicated. Too many things to think about. Grumble. Grumble. :mad:

Maybe if you weren't a member of a physics community I'd believe that statement :wink:

Greg Bernhardt said:
Maybe if you weren't a member of a physics community I'd believe that statement :wink:
Being a member here must mean he has so much on his mind already... so you never know! :-p

Related to Stop Mouseover Nuisance on Forums

1. What is "Stop Mouseover Nuisance on Forums"?

"Stop Mouseover Nuisance on Forums" is a software program designed to prevent annoying mouseover pop-ups on online forums. These pop-ups occur when a user hovers their mouse over a link or image, triggering an unwanted pop-up advertisement or message.

2. How does "Stop Mouseover Nuisance on Forums" work?

This software works by blocking the scripts and codes that trigger mouseover pop-ups on forums. It runs in the background of your web browser and detects and blocks these pop-ups before they appear on your screen.

3. Can "Stop Mouseover Nuisance on Forums" be used on any forum?

Yes, this software is compatible with most major web browsers and can be used on any forum that experiences mouseover pop-up nuisances. It is also constantly updated to ensure compatibility with new forums and browsers.

4. Is "Stop Mouseover Nuisance on Forums" safe to use?

Yes, this software is safe to use. It does not collect any personal information or data from your computer. It simply blocks unwanted pop-ups and does not interfere with your browsing experience in any other way.

5. How effective is "Stop Mouseover Nuisance on Forums" in stopping pop-ups?

This software is highly effective in preventing mouseover pop-ups on forums. However, it cannot guarantee 100% success as new pop-up techniques are constantly being developed. It is regularly updated to stay ahead of these techniques and provide the best protection possible.