Stoner Surge Model: Detailed Equations

• Thread starter rppearso
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Model
In summary: The Stoner model itself is different from the more commonly used method of characterization, which is an exact solution but only applicable to simple systems. The Stoner model, on the other hand, is a finite element analysis, which may provide more accurate results for more complex systems. There are some resources available, such as Perry's Handbook and two books from 1933, that discuss water hammer and its equations, but they may not cover the Stoner method in detail. It is important to keep in mind that the stamping PE may have a disclaimer for the recommendations made by Advantica, as they are the ones responsible for the report and its implications on the company's P&ID's. In summary, the Advantica/Stoner water
rppearso
Does anyone know where to find detailed equations on the advantica/stoner water hammer surge model. The client my company is working for has hired advantica to do these water hammer cases for heavy crude and they have produced a report that makes recommendations that effect our P&ID's. I would just like to have a better understanding of what they are doing, the stamping PE is going to cloud there recommended items on the P&ID and disclaimer that he is not responsible but advantica is. When I talked to them all I got was that the stoner model was different than the method of characterization. I have looked up water hammer in perrys and bought the 2 books (fluid transients and symposium on water hammer from 1933) that were cited under the abbreviated water hammer equation in perrys. I have not had a ton of time to go throught these 2 books yet but I did notice the books went into the method of characterization but I did not see to much on the stoner method. I also learned that the stoner model was more of a finite element analysis and the method of characterization was an exact solution but only applied to simple systems.

Engineering news on Phys.org
Unfortunately, detailed equations for the Advantica/Stoner water hammer surge model are proprietary and not available in the public domain. However, you may be able to get more information on the model, as well as its application, from Advantica themselves or by reading academic papers that have used the model.

I understand your frustration in trying to find detailed equations on the advantica/stoner water hammer surge model. It is important to have a full understanding of the methodology being used, especially when it has the potential to impact P&ID's and other important aspects of your work.

I would suggest reaching out to advantica directly and requesting more information on their stoner model. It is possible that they have additional resources or documentation that they can provide to help you better understand their methods and recommendations.

In the meantime, I would also recommend continuing your research and review of the books you have purchased. While they may not specifically mention the stoner model, they may still provide valuable insight and understanding of water hammer and fluid transients.

Additionally, as you mentioned, the stoner model is a finite element analysis while the method of characterization is an exact solution. This can be a key difference in understanding the results and recommendations from each method. I would also suggest consulting with a fluid dynamics expert or conducting further research on finite element analysis to gain a better understanding of how it differs from an exact solution.

Overall, it is important to have a thorough understanding of the methodology being used, especially when it has the potential to impact your work. I hope this helps guide you in your search for more detailed equations on the stoner model.

Related to Stoner Surge Model: Detailed Equations

1. What is the Stoner Surge Model?

The Stoner Surge Model is a mathematical model used to study the behavior of a class of materials called "ferrimagnets". These materials have unique magnetic properties that make them useful in various applications, such as data storage and spintronics.

2. How does the Stoner Surge Model work?

The model is based on a set of equations that describe the behavior of the material's magnetic moments. These equations take into account various factors such as temperature, magnetic field, and exchange interactions between atoms. By solving these equations, we can gain insights into the material's magnetic behavior.

3. What are the main assumptions of the Stoner Surge Model?

The model assumes that the magnetic moments of the material's atoms are aligned in a specific direction, and can interact with each other through exchange interactions. It also assumes that the material is in thermal equilibrium, meaning that its temperature is constant.

4. What are the applications of the Stoner Surge Model?

The model has been used to study the magnetic properties of various ferrimagnetic materials, such as iron oxide and rare-earth magnets. It has also been applied to understand the behavior of spintronic devices, which use the spin of electrons to store and process information.

5. Are there any limitations to the Stoner Surge Model?

Like any other mathematical model, the Stoner Surge Model is a simplification of reality and may not fully capture all of the complexities of a real material. It also relies on certain assumptions that may not hold true in all cases. Therefore, its predictions should be interpreted with caution and validated through experiments.