Special relativity assignment topic help

In summary, the conversation revolves around a shared assignment on special relativity. One of the participants is looking for suggestions on experiments to write about, while the other shares their own choice of the Hafele-Keating experiment. They also mention using Wikipedia and the QUT library's database for research.
EvanQ
hey all,
i've recently been given an assignment of special relativity, the question is as follows:-
Topic B: SPECIAL RELATIVITY
Write a short report on any experiment, published in the literature (ie journals), which proves or depends on a relativistic effect. Include essential experimental and equipment details, and full citation details.

was just wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of any publications of this sort as i don't really know where to look, or let me know of any recent experiments on this topic which are particularly interesting.

thanks.

Physics news on Phys.org
omg, I HAVE THE SAME ASSIGNMENT!
bahahaha
you can't hide
and it wasnt recent, we were given it at the beginning of the semester, we just have four days to do it now.
Im doing mine on the Hafele-Keating experiment, no stealing.
I googled it, wikipedia's pretty good (to understand stuff), then looked it up on QUT library's database thingo to get journals to make it look like i did good research.
and that's my story
now to write it up...

Related to Special relativity assignment topic help

What is special relativity?

Special relativity is a theory developed by Albert Einstein in 1905 that explains the relationship between space and time. It states that the laws of physics are the same for all observers in uniform motion, and that the speed of light is constant for all observers regardless of their relative motion.

What are the key concepts of special relativity?

The key concepts of special relativity include the principle of relativity, which states that the laws of physics are the same for all observers in uniform motion, and the constancy of the speed of light, which states that the speed of light is the same for all observers regardless of their relative motion. Other key concepts include time dilation, length contraction, and the equivalence of mass and energy.

How does special relativity differ from classical mechanics?

Special relativity differs from classical mechanics in that it takes into account the effects of high speeds and the constancy of the speed of light. In classical mechanics, the laws of physics are the same for all observers, but in special relativity, this is only true for observers in uniform motion.

What are some practical applications of special relativity?

Some practical applications of special relativity include GPS technology, which relies on precise time measurements to calculate location, and particle accelerators, which use the principles of special relativity to accelerate particles to high speeds. Special relativity also plays a role in nuclear energy and the development of nuclear weapons.

What are some common misconceptions about special relativity?

One common misconception about special relativity is that it only applies to objects moving at very high speeds. In reality, the effects of special relativity can be observed at any speed, but are only significant at speeds approaching the speed of light. Another misconception is that special relativity states that everything is relative, when in fact, it only applies to the laws of physics and not personal observations or perceptions.