Sony Network Walkman E99 v. Ipod mini

• Thread starter mattmns
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Network
In summary, the iPod Mini is great for people who don't need a lot of features, and the iPod holds more songs than the Sony.
mattmns
I am not a huge music junkie, so I do not need one of those 40gb Ipods, but I do want something that is nice and can hold quite a few songs (512mb+). I know many of you probably have an http://www.apple.com/ipodmini/

Any complaints/comments/recommendations from either of these two, or even others. I do not know much about music electronics. I want something that sounds good, is easy to use, and will easily fit in my pocket. Nothing that is a pain in the rear :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
Computer science news on Phys.org
(referring to sony) I used to have an older model of the exact same one.. It worked great, battery life wasn't bad. What I really like is it has the hold option, the play random option, and a display screen yet it is still VERY small.. Most mp3 players don't offer much, and when they do, they are usually very bulky. My brother has an ipod mini and I definitely think the sony is better..

Ipod mini wins hands down. It's a little bigger but still fits easily & comfortably in any pocket. The ipod holds 4 times as much & has more features (but is still easy to use). For example, Ipod's screen is bigger (easier to read) and Ipod can connect via firewire or usb (I think the sony uses usb only). Ipod sounds great (equalizer has about 20 settings selectable with one click) and Ipod has rechargeable battery (plays about 8 hours on a single charge). And there are many accessories that you can connect to the ipod.

Just switched from Sony to iPod.

While I don't regret going iPod at all, (it's just so damn cool!), the iPod is very low on features. If I had to choose again, it'd probably be the iPod again, and I'd get over the lack of features.

I especially love the 'notes' feature of the iPod. I'm not going to buy a PDA anytime soon, so my iPod doubles as a screen for reading electronically stored documents during the morning commute.

Related to Sony Network Walkman E99 v. Ipod mini

1. What is the difference between the Sony Network Walkman E99 and the iPod mini?

The main difference between the Sony Network Walkman E99 and the iPod mini is the brand. They are both portable music players, but the Sony Network Walkman is made by Sony while the iPod mini is made by Apple.

2. Which one has better sound quality?

This is subjective and depends on personal preference. Both the Sony Network Walkman E99 and the iPod mini have high-quality sound, but some people may prefer the sound of one over the other.

3. Can I transfer my music from one device to the other?

Yes, you can transfer music from the Sony Network Walkman E99 to the iPod mini and vice versa. Both devices have USB connectivity and are compatible with most music files, so you can easily transfer your music library.

4. Which one has a longer battery life?

The Sony Network Walkman E99 has a longer battery life compared to the iPod mini. The E99 can last up to 30 hours of continuous playback, while the iPod mini can last up to 18 hours.

5. Are there any additional features that one device has over the other?

Yes, the Sony Network Walkman E99 has some additional features such as FM radio, voice recording, and a built-in microphone. The iPod mini, on the other hand, has a larger storage capacity and a color display screen.