Some questions on a take home quiz dont makes sense

• Thread starter kevinlikesphysics
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Home Quiz
In summary, the conversation discusses questions related to forces and motion. In question 11, a football player's displacement is given by three vectors and the goal is to find the resultant displacement's magnitude and direction. In question 14, the task is to find the forces exerted by ropes on a sign supported at a 100 degree angle. And in question 15, the magnitude and direction of a third force acting on an object in equilibrium is to be determined. Additionally, the concept of Newton's first law is briefly mentioned.
kevinlikesphysics
11. a football player runs the pattern given in the drawing by three displacements vectors a b and c the magnitutdes of the vectors are a=5m b=15m and c = 18m find the magnitude and direction of the resultant displacement

wtf how do i do that don't i need a direction or somthing what is that asking?

14. a sign that weights 250N is suported by ropes a and b that make a 100 degree andle with one another . what forces do the ropes exert on the sign? dont forget the direction and angle(15 points)

that i think i get but i don't know the forumal do i use h= sqroot of(p squared + b squared)

15. an object in equilibrium has three forces exerted on it a 33 N force acts north and a 60 N force acts 60 degrees northeast. What is the magnitude and direction of the third force? (show angle and direction)

do i just find the resultant the way i normal would for the last two because it has the x and y component chart already ont he quiz

thanks for the help

Physics news on Phys.org
14 makes perfect sense, and question 11 seems to indicate that there is some sort of diagram that goes with it.

kevinlikesphysics said:
11. a football player runs the pattern given in the drawing by three displacements vectors a b and c the magnitutdes of the vectors are a=5m b=15m and c = 18m find the magnitude and direction of the resultant displacementwtf how do i do that don't i need a direction or somthing what is that asking?
Of course. The drawing probably gives you the directions.

14. a sign that weights 250N is suported by ropes a and b that make a 100 degree andle with one another . what forces do the ropes exert on the sign? dont forget the direction and angle(15 points)

that i think i get but i don't know the forumal do i use h= sqroot of(p squared + b squared)
You will have to provide the drawing or describe them. The vertical components of the tensions must equal the weight of the sign.
15. an object in equilibrium has three forces exerted on it a 33 N force acts north and a 60 N force acts 60 degrees northeast. What is the magnitude and direction of the third force? (show angle and direction)

do i just find the resultant the way i normal would for the last two because it has the x and y component chart already ont he quiz
What does the third force have to be equal (and opposite) to?

AM

Last edited:
Atomos said:
14 makes perfect sense, and question 11 seems to indicate that there is some sort of diagram that goes with it.

i know but there isn't a diagram and i have a another question

is it possible for the forces on an object to add up to zero but still have it in motion and if so give an example. Is it possible for an object to not be in motion but have the forces on it add up to zero if so give an example

Are you familiar with Newton's first law?

i forgot it its like and object in motion stays in motion objec tin rest stays at rest right I am going through my work quick i have 4 labs and a quiz due tomorrow

Related to Some questions on a take home quiz dont makes sense

1. What should I do if I don't understand a question on a take home quiz?

If you are unsure about a question on a take home quiz, it is important to clarify it with your instructor. You can schedule a meeting or send an email asking for clarification. It is always better to ask for help and fully understand the question before attempting to answer it.

2. Can I skip a question if I don't know the answer?

It is not recommended to skip a question on a take home quiz, as it may affect your overall grade. If you are unsure about the answer, you can try to make an educated guess or leave a note explaining your thought process. It is important to attempt all questions to the best of your ability.

3. How can I avoid misinterpreting a question on a take home quiz?

To avoid misinterpreting a question on a take home quiz, it is important to carefully read and analyze the question. Pay attention to keywords and phrases that can help you understand the context of the question. If you are still unsure, do not hesitate to ask for clarification from your instructor.

4. What should I do if I believe there is an error in a question on a take home quiz?

If you believe there is an error in a question on a take home quiz, you can bring it to the attention of your instructor. Provide a clear explanation of why you believe there is an error and suggest a potential correction. Your instructor will review the question and make any necessary changes.

5. Can I use outside resources to help me understand a question on a take home quiz?

It is important to follow the guidelines set by your instructor for a take home quiz. Some instructors may allow the use of outside resources, while others may not. If you are unsure, it is best to ask your instructor for clarification. Remember to always properly cite any sources used in your answers.