Solving the Mystery of ##\bar{\psi}_L \psi_L = \bar{\psi} \psi_L##

• Thread starter Monaliza Smile
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Mystery
In summary, the conversation discusses the equation ## \bar{\psi}_L \psi_L = \bar{\psi} \psi_L## and the attempts to solve it by using the properties of ## \bar{\psi}## and ## \gamma## matrices. The conversation ends with a question about the solution and a statement about another equation.
Monaliza Smile
Hi,

It's known that ## \bar{\psi}_L \psi_L = \bar{\psi} \psi_L## I tried to work this out but i do not reach that
Here what I do : since ## \bar{\psi} = \psi^\dagger \gamma^0##, and ## \gamma_5 \gamma_0 = - \gamma_0 \gamma_5 ##

then

## \bar{\psi}_L \psi_L = \frac{1}{4} (1-\gamma_5 ) \psi^\dagger \gamma^0 (1-\gamma_5 ) \psi = \frac{1}{4} \psi^\dagger \gamma^0 (1+\gamma_5 ) (1-\gamma_5 ) \to 0 ##

I get this equals zero ! since (1+\gamma_5 ) (1-\gamma_5 ) = 0

so what's wrong I made ?

Best ..

Physics news on Phys.org
I knew the answer ## \bar{\psi}_L \gamma^\mu \psi_L ## which equals ## \bar{\psi} \gamma^\mu \psi_L ##

Not sure I understand what you're trying to do. You want to prove this?
$$\bar{\psi}_L\gamma^{\mu}\psi_L=\bar{\psi}_L\gamma^{\mu}\psi_L$$

Related to Solving the Mystery of ##\bar{\psi}_L \psi_L = \bar{\psi} \psi_L##

1. What is the mystery of ##\bar{\psi}_L \psi_L = \bar{\psi} \psi_L##?

The mystery of ##\bar{\psi}_L \psi_L = \bar{\psi} \psi_L## is a mathematical equation that has puzzled scientists for decades. It involves the use of quantum fields and fermionic operators, making it a complex problem to solve.

2. Why is solving this mystery important?

Solving this mystery is important because it has implications for our understanding of fundamental particles and the laws of physics. It could also lead to new discoveries and advancements in quantum field theory and particle physics.

3. What progress has been made in solving the mystery so far?

Scientists have made significant progress in understanding the mystery of ##\bar{\psi}_L \psi_L = \bar{\psi} \psi_L##. They have developed mathematical models and theories to explain it, and have conducted experiments to test these theories.

4. What challenges do scientists face in solving this mystery?

One of the main challenges scientists face in solving this mystery is the complexity of the mathematical equations involved. It also requires a deep understanding of quantum field theory and advanced mathematical techniques.

5. How close are we to solving the mystery of ##\bar{\psi}_L \psi_L = \bar{\psi} \psi_L##?

While significant progress has been made, scientists are still working towards fully solving the mystery of ##\bar{\psi}_L \psi_L = \bar{\psi} \psi_L##. It is a complex and ongoing research topic, and it may take many more years of study and experimentation to fully understand it.