Solving Boundary Points & Limit of F(x,y) - Physics Forums

• Thread starter LCKurtz
  • Start date
In summary, the new system always inserts the entire quote when you click reply, and it presents new challenges and new opportunities at the same time.
LCKurtz said:
That's above my pay grade. o0)
There's this really cool place on the internet where you'll find people who go out of their way to help others learn and improve. I understand there's much volunteer work involved. I don't think the hours are the greatest. I'm not sure if/where pay grades come into play:
https://www.physicsforums.com/forums/computing-technology.188/

:DD

Physics news on Phys.org
Greg Bernhardt said:
That's only if you fix the problem :D

OK, even though it's above my pay grade and I don't have access to xenforo's source code, I have a suggestion for a potential fix:

Do away with the click-to-expand functionality and that bug may disappear with it. :)

Greg Bernhardt said:
How are you adding latex to a quote? I appears to have worked for me. I don't see the latex tags in the quote you tried.

To tell the truth, I was trying so many things I wasn't sure what I did. But I can answer that question now. So I selected a paragraph which includes some latex from another post and pressed the little black +Quote button to put it in the multi-quote que. Now I am going to press the Insert Quote button in the edit window:
LCKurtz said:
The main reason you study limits and indeterminate forms in the first place in calculus is so you can work with expressions like
f(x+h)−f(x)h​
\frac {f(x+h)-f(x)} hwhich is an indeterminate form 0/00/0 if h=0h= 0. When the limit exists as h→0h\to 0, we denote it by f′(x)f'(x), or dydx\frac{dy}{dx}. Once you learn how to calculate derivatives, you learn their formulas and use them so you don't have to do the work of calculating limits forever.

That inserted it, but as you can see the latex is hosed.