Solving Boolean Algebra Problems: A+B = A+B

In summary, Boolean Algebra is a branch of mathematics used to simplify and analyze digital circuits in computer science and electronic engineering. The basic operations in Boolean Algebra are AND, OR, and NOT, represented by the symbols ∧, ∨, and ¬ respectively. To solve a problem, you can manipulate expressions using these operations or apply truth tables and laws. The commutative law in Boolean Algebra states that the order of operands can be changed without affecting the result, expressed as A ∧ B = B ∧ A and A ∨ B = B ∨ A. Boolean Algebra can also be applied to solve real-world problems in fields such as computer science, engineering, and telecommunications.
luigihs
Hello,
Im trying to understand boolean algebra, I have to do the next problem using Boolean algebra and Identities for this one:
problem1.png

So far this what I got:
A + /A (A+B) = A + B
A + /AA + /AB = A+B
A + A + /AB = A + B
A + A + B = A + B <-- I think A + A = A so ..
A + B = A + B <-- I am not sure what to do after this

Physics news on Phys.org
hello luigihs! :smile:

first, you should only be altering the LHS (until it equals the RHS, of course)

second, /AA is not A … what is it? :wink:

Related to Solving Boolean Algebra Problems: A+B = A+B

What is Boolean Algebra?

Boolean Algebra is a branch of mathematics that deals with logical operations and binary variables. It is commonly used in computer science and electronic engineering to simplify and analyze digital circuits.

What are the basic operations in Boolean Algebra?

The basic operations in Boolean Algebra are AND, OR, and NOT. These operations are represented by the symbols ∧, ∨, and ¬ respectively.

How do I solve a Boolean Algebra problem?

To solve a Boolean Algebra problem, you need to use the basic operations to manipulate the expressions and simplify them. You can also use truth tables or laws of Boolean Algebra to solve more complex problems.

What is the commutative law in Boolean Algebra?

The commutative law states that the order of operands can be changed without affecting the result. In Boolean Algebra, the commutative law is expressed as A ∧ B = B ∧ A and A ∨ B = B ∨ A.

Can I use Boolean Algebra to solve real-world problems?

Yes, Boolean Algebra can be applied to solve real-world problems in fields such as computer science, engineering, and telecommunications. It can be used to simplify complex logic circuits, design efficient computer programs, and analyze data in databases.