Solve "Unable to Copy Pics" Problem Quickly

• Thread starter swty todd
  • Start date
In summary, you were unable to copy an image from a social networking site to your computer. You were able to find the image in the page source and copy it to your new destination.
swty todd
I m unable to copy pics from this site…when I right click and save it , it gets saved as a blank gif file …is there any way I can save it?

Computer science news on Phys.org

What OS are you using? Obviously, getting any helpful instructions is going to require you to loosen up a little bit and give information about your system.

swty todd said:
I m unable to copy pics from this site…when I right click and save it , it gets saved as a blank gif file …is there any way I can save it?

It's possible that the creator of the site placed a transparent image over top of the one you were trying to download.

i am using windows XP and the site from which i am unable to copy is a social networking site ORKUT

View the page source and find the filename of the image. If you don't want to look through the html, you could save the entire page and look for the image in the folder that is created for that page's files.

I saved the page and luked into the folder accompanying it but all the other pics on that page were there except the one I was trying to save…any suggestions sir ?

Was the picture you were trying to save animated...?

no it was a normal gif pic

Related to Solve "Unable to Copy Pics" Problem Quickly

1. How can I solve the "Unable to Copy Pics" problem quickly?

The first step in solving this problem is to identify the root cause. It could be due to a corrupt file, insufficient storage space, or a compatibility issue. Once the cause is determined, you can fix it by repairing the file, freeing up space, or using a different device or software. If the problem persists, seeking technical support may be necessary.

2. What can I do if I encounter this problem frequently?

If you frequently encounter the "Unable to Copy Pics" problem, it may be due to a recurring issue with your device or software. It is important to keep your device and software up to date, as well as regularly backing up your files to prevent data loss. If the problem continues, it may be necessary to seek professional help to identify and resolve the underlying issue.

3. Can I prevent this problem from happening in the future?

While there is no foolproof way to prevent the "Unable to Copy Pics" problem from occurring, there are some steps you can take to minimize the chances. These include regularly updating your software and device, freeing up storage space, and avoiding incompatible file formats. Additionally, having a backup plan in place can help mitigate the impact of the problem if it does occur.

4. Is there a specific file type that is more prone to this problem?

The "Unable to Copy Pics" problem can occur with any type of file, but it is more common with large or complex files, such as high-resolution images or videos. These files can take up a lot of storage space and may be more susceptible to corruption. It is important to regularly check and maintain your storage space to prevent this problem from occurring.

5. What should I do if I am unable to solve the problem on my own?

If you have tried troubleshooting the "Unable to Copy Pics" problem on your own and are still unable to solve it, it may be necessary to seek technical support. Many software and device manufacturers have customer support services that can assist with resolving these types of issues. You can also reach out to a professional IT technician for help in identifying and fixing the problem.