Solve Trigonometry Problem 0 <= Θ <= 180

• Thread starter Antagonist
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Trignometry
In summary, the student is struggling with solving a problem involving a trig identity and is seeking guidance on how to approach similar problems. The problem is to solve for 0 <= ? <= 180, given sin ?=2sin(60-?). The expert suggests using the AAA ("AN AGGRO ATTITUDE") approach to problem-solving and cracking the code of the given trig identity. They recommend focusing on getting rid of the less-familiar term, sin(60-?), and using the given coded information to find a solution. They also encourage the student to view mathematics as a logical and linguistic puzzle to be enjoyed and mastered.
Antagonist
Hi,

I am doing A-Level maths P2 and am having trouble with solving this problems and others like it. Could you please tell me how to solve this and how to go about solving others lke these as when I look at the problem I have no idea how to start. The problem is the following:

Solve for 0 <= Θ <= 180

sin Θ=2sin(60-Θ)

Thanks,
--Antagonist

Physics news on Phys.org
Use the trig identiy for

[tex] \sin( \alpha - \beta) [/tex]

You say: "I am doing A-Level maths P2 and am having trouble with solving this problems and others like it. Could you please tell me

<<how to solve this and how to go about solving others lke these as when I look at the problem I have no idea how to start>>. The problem is the following:

Solve for 0 <= ? <= 180: sin ?=2sin(60-?)."

Maybe you need AAA ['AN AGGRO ATTITUDE'] to problem-solving; or SOMETHING LIKE: CRACKING THE CODE! LIKE: Your teacher wants ? (under some conditions) and (like most teachers) has given you a CODE; a relation between something OTHER: here, sin? and sin(60 - ?). Now neither of these you really want; but if you could get rid of one of them (the least familiar), well you might have a simple expression for something that is more familiar to you ... and a solution ... maybe

Now sin? is surely more familiar to you that sin(60 - ?). So, not really wanting either (YOU WANT ?) how can you at least get rid of the latter less-familiar one? And then see what the teacher has also given you (but in coded form!)

That's where "Integrals" suggestion comes in. Your job is to crack the language code! You're lucky, in a way: Maths is the best logic and language that we have. So it's worth learning! Enjoy.

Related to Solve Trigonometry Problem 0 <= Θ <= 180

1. What is trigonometry?

Trigonometry is a branch of mathematics that deals with the study of triangles and the relationships between their sides and angles.

2. What is the range of values for the angle Θ in a trigonometry problem?

The angle Θ in a trigonometry problem must fall within the range of 0 to 180 degrees, because this is the range of possible angles in a triangle.

3. How do you solve a trigonometry problem with an angle in the range of 0 to 180 degrees?

To solve a trigonometry problem with an angle Θ in the range of 0 to 180 degrees, you would use the basic trigonometric functions (sine, cosine, and tangent) and the Pythagorean Theorem to find the missing sides or angles of a triangle.

4. Why is the range of values for Θ limited to 0 to 180 degrees in trigonometry?

The range of values for Θ is limited to 0 to 180 degrees in trigonometry because any angle greater than 180 degrees can be reduced to an equivalent angle within this range by using the concept of periodicity.

5. Can trigonometry be used to solve real-world problems?

Yes, trigonometry is widely used in various fields such as engineering, physics, astronomy, and navigation to solve real-world problems involving triangles and angles.