Solve the Rolling Question: Finding Horizontal Acceleration Without Slipping

• Thread starter BHphy
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Rolling
In summary, the question is about determining the horizontal acceleration of a system in which a wheel is turning without slipping and pushing a mass ahead of it, while being pulled downward by gravity. The total mass of the system and the force acting on the mass are given, but the moment of inertia of the wheel needs to be taken into account. The person asking the question is looking for a solution and is in urgent need of it.
BHphy
rolling question, HELP!

Homework Statement

The sistem in picture is moving without sliping, what is horizontal acceleration?
please help

Attachments

• rolling1.JPG
    rolling1.JPG
    4.5 KB · Views: 342
Physics news on Phys.org
I assume that mass m3 is being pulled downward by gravity, causing the wheel with mass m2 to turn, without slipping, pushing mass m3 ahead of it.
The force is (m3)g and the total mass of the system m1+ m2+ m3. You will also need to take into account the moment of inertia of the wheel.

I had such ideas but how can I take into account the moment of inertia, is there any other way, can anyone solve this and post me on email, greljo@hotmail.com, it is urgent, thanks!

I had such ideas but how can I take into account the moment of inertia, is there any other way, can anyone solve this and post me on email, greljo@hotmail.com, it is urgent, thanks!

Related to Solve the Rolling Question: Finding Horizontal Acceleration Without Slipping

1. What does "rolling question" mean?

Rolling question refers to a type of question that is asked in a sequential manner, where each new question builds upon the previous one. This technique is often used to gather more detailed information and to keep the conversation flowing.

2. How can I create a rolling question?

To create a rolling question, start with a broad topic and then ask more specific questions based on the previous answers. It's important to listen carefully to the responses and tailor your next question accordingly. This technique can be used in interviews, surveys, and other forms of data collection.

3. What are the benefits of using rolling questions?

Rolling questions allow for a deeper understanding of a topic and can reveal more detailed information compared to traditional yes or no questions. They also help to keep the conversation flowing and engage the respondent in a more natural way.

4. Are there any drawbacks to using rolling questions?

One potential drawback of using rolling questions is that they can be time-consuming and may not be suitable for all situations. In some cases, participants may also feel overwhelmed or pressured to provide detailed responses, so it's important to use this technique sparingly and with consideration.

5. How can I improve my rolling question skills?

The best way to improve your rolling question skills is to practice and listen to feedback from others. You can also research and learn from experts in the field and observe how they use rolling questions in their work. Additionally, being open-minded and adaptable in your approach can help you to ask more effective rolling questions.