Solve for Error in ∫√(16-9χ²) dx: Step-by-Step Guide for Success

• Thread starter Saq_Lfc
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Error
In summary: Just use the half angle formula.If you get stuck, post again.In summary, the conversation discusses the process of solving the integral ∫√(16-9χ²) dx by substituting 9/16χ² = sin² and using trigonometric identities. The final result is 2χ√(1-16/9x²) +8/3arcsin(3/4χ) +k, with the original integral being replaced by 4/3(cos2u + 1) du. The conversation also mentions the importance of using the standard PF format and that no one will solve the problem for the person asking.
Saq_Lfc
∫√(16-9χ²) dx

this is what I tried

let 9/16 χ² = sin²

then x=4/3(sinu) and u=arcsin(3/4x) and dx=4/3(cosu) du

∫√(16(1-sin²u) )x 4/3(cosu) du

∫16/3 cos²u du

∫8/3(cos2u + 1) du

4/3(sin2u) +8/3 u +k

4/3(2sinucosu) +8/3 u +k

8/3 (sin(arcsin(3/4χ))xcos(arcsin(3/4χ))) +8/3(arcsin(3/4χ))+k

2χ√(1-16/9x²) +8/3arcsin(3/4χ) +k

Physics news on Phys.org
From the way you wrote it, it's a little hard for me to tell exactly what you did. Suppose I start the same way you did:

##\int \sqrt{16-9x^2} dx = 4\int \sqrt{1-9x/16}dx \hspace{50px}## (1)

Let sin u = 3x/4; cos u du =3/4 dx; So (1) becomes

##3\int \sqrt {1-sin^2}(u) cos(u) du = 3\int cos^2(u) du##

You can finish this up by using the half angle formula on the cos.

can u solve it for me I want to check plus how did that 4 outta the integral turned 3

Last edited:
Saq_Lfc said:
can u solve it for me I want to check plus how did that 4 outta the integral turned 3

We do not solve anything for you. Moreover, you've failed to apply the standard PF format.

Saq_Lfc said:

Hi Saq,

du = 3/4 dx.

As Dirk says, we don't do your homework -- we provide hints, clues, get you started etc. I think I did enough that you should be able to finish up.

Related to Solve for Error in ∫√(16-9χ²) dx: Step-by-Step Guide for Success

1. What is the purpose of solving for error in this integral?

The purpose of solving for error in this integral is to determine the accuracy of the calculated value. By finding the error, we can understand how close our calculated value is to the actual value.

2. How do you calculate the error in this integral?

To calculate the error in this integral, we use the error formula: error = (estimated value - actual value).

3. What is the step-by-step process for solving for error in this integral?

The step-by-step process for solving for error in this integral involves the following steps:

1. Calculate the estimated value of the integral using a numerical integration method.
  2. Find the actual value of the integral using an analytical method.
  3. Subtract the actual value from the estimated value to get the error.

4. Why is solving for error important in scientific calculations?

Solving for error is important in scientific calculations because it allows us to determine the accuracy and reliability of our results. It also helps us identify any potential sources of error in our calculations.

5. Are there any limitations to solving for error in this integral?

Yes, there are limitations to solving for error in this integral. It assumes that the estimated value and actual value are both accurate, and does not take into account any systematic or random errors in the calculation process.