Solve Error in Mathematica: Get Solution Here!

In summary, a numerical solution is necessary for this equation, and the Plot3D command can be used to visualize the relationship between x and r.
mmmn
Here is my code
Code:
Nl = 10^(49) ;
Nh = 100 ;
b = 4*10^(-13) ;
Rs = N[((3 Nl)/(4 Pi b Nh^2))^(1/3)];
a = 6*10^(-18) ;

Solve[x/(4 Pi r^2)  E^(-Nh a x) a Nl == (1 - x)^2 b Nh, 
x]
When I run it, it shows the error:
"Solve::nsmet: This system cannot be solved with the methods available to Solve. >>"

How can I solve this equation? Thanks.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Since you have an undetermined parameter, Mathematica tries to find an analytic solution, which I don't think will work in this case. If you know the value of r, then a numerical solution is possible (assuming x is a real number).

Hypersphere said:
Since you have an undetermined parameter, Mathematica tries to find an analytic solution, which I don't think will work in this case. If you know the value of r, then a numerical solution is possible (assuming x is a real number).

Thanks for your reply. Do you know any way to plot this (x vs. r) in mathematica? x should be some value between 0 and 1, and r is a positive number.

mmmn said:
Thanks for your reply. Do you know any way to plot this (x vs. r) in mathematica? x should be some value between 0 and 1, and r is a positive number.

The Plot3D command should be useful.

Based on the error message, it seems like the equation cannot be solved using the available methods in Mathematica. This could be due to the complexity of the equation or the limitations of the Solve function.

One possible solution would be to try using a different function in Mathematica, such as NSolve or FindRoot, which may be able to find a numerical solution. Alternatively, you could try to simplify the equation or break it down into smaller parts to make it easier for Mathematica to solve.

It may also be helpful to consult the Mathematica documentation or seek assistance from other Mathematica users to find a solution to this specific equation.

Related to Solve Error in Mathematica: Get Solution Here!

1. How can I solve an error in Mathematica?

To solve an error in Mathematica, you can try the following steps:

• Check for any spelling or syntax errors in your code.
  • Make sure all necessary variables and functions are defined.
  • Check the documentation or search online for solutions to common errors.
  • Try restarting Mathematica or your computer.
  • If all else fails, reach out to the Mathematica community for help.

2. Why am I getting an error in Mathematica?

There are several reasons why you may be getting an error in Mathematica, including:

• Syntax or spelling errors in your code.
  • Incorrectly defined variables or functions.
  • Using the wrong data type for a particular function.
  • Out-of-range values or division by zero.
  • Issues with memory or other system resources.

3. How do I read and interpret error messages in Mathematica?

When an error occurs in Mathematica, it will display a message in red text. This message will often include the line number and specific function or variable that is causing the error. You can hover your cursor over the error message to see more details and suggestions for how to fix it. Additionally, you can refer to the Mathematica documentation or search online for more information about specific error messages.

4. Can I prevent errors from occurring in Mathematica?

While it is not always possible to prevent all errors in Mathematica, there are a few things you can do to minimize the chances of encountering them:

• Write clear and well-organized code.
  • Double-check for any spelling or syntax errors.
  • Use built-in functions and libraries whenever possible.
  • Be mindful of data types and ranges when working with numerical values.
  • Regularly save and back up your work.

5. How can I get help with a specific error in Mathematica?

If you are having trouble solving an error in Mathematica, you can seek help from the Mathematica community. This can be done through online forums and communities, or by reaching out to Wolfram Technical Support. Be sure to provide a clear description of the error and any relevant code or data to help others assist you.