Solve Currents in I3, I2, and I1

• Thread starter itryphysics
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Currents
In summary, the problem is asking to find the currents I3, I2, and I1. The equations used are the loop rule, and the solution is obtained by setting up three independent loop equations.
itryphysics

Homework Statement

find the current in I3 and I2 and I1

Homework Equations

junction Rule

The Attempt at a Solution

Loop 1 : -I1(4.1) + 29V - I1 (3.3) -I3(2.9)
-I1(7.4) -I3(2.9) = -29V

Loop 2 : I3 (2.9) - I2 (5.5) +16 V - I2(2)
-I2(7.5) + I3(2.9) = -16 V

Loop 3 : -I1(4.1) + 29V - I1(3-3)-I2(5.5) +16V-I2(2)
-I1(7.4)-I2(7.5)=-45V

Please help ASAP thanks!

Attachments

• physics.jpg
    physics.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 467
Physics news on Phys.org
itryphysics said:

Homework Statement

find the current in I3 and I2 and I1

Homework Equations

junction Rule

The Attempt at a Solution

Loop 1 : -I1(4.1) + 29V - I1 (3.3) -I3(2.9)
-I1(7.4) -I3(2.9) = -29V

Loop 2 : I3 (2.9) - I2 (5.5) +16 V - I2(2)
-I2(7.5) + I3(2.9) = -16 V

Loop 3 : -I1(4.1) + 29V - I1(3-3)-I2(5.5) +16V-I2(2)
-I1(7.4)-I2(7.5)=-45V

Please help ASAP thanks!

Hi itryphysics! :smile:

(The third equation gives you no extra information …

it's just the sum of the first two equations …

the number of independent loop equations is the same as the number of independent loops. :wink:)

You've headed this "junction rule", but you haven't used the junction rule, only the loop rule.

Based on the given information, it is not possible to solve for the currents in I3, I2, and I1 as there are not enough equations or known values. In order to solve for these currents, you would need additional information such as the values of the resistors in the circuit or the voltage sources. Additionally, the equations provided in the attempt at a solution do not follow the junction rule, which states that the sum of currents entering a junction must equal the sum of currents leaving the junction. I suggest reviewing the circuit and providing more information in order to accurately solve for the currents.

Related to Solve Currents in I3, I2, and I1

1. What are currents in I3, I2, and I1?

Currents in I3, I2, and I1 refer to the flow of electric charge through a circuit. Each of these currents represents a specific branch or path through the circuit.

2. How do I solve for currents in I3, I2, and I1?

To solve for currents in I3, I2, and I1, you will need to use Kirchhoff's Current Law (KCL) and Ohm's Law. KCL states that the sum of currents entering a node or junction must equal the sum of currents leaving the node. Ohm's Law states that the current through a conductor is directly proportional to the voltage and inversely proportional to the resistance.

3. What are the units of currents in I3, I2, and I1?

The units of currents in I3, I2, and I1 are amperes (A), which is a measure of electric current flow.

4. Can I use circuit analysis to solve for currents in I3, I2, and I1?

Yes, circuit analysis is a common method for solving for currents in I3, I2, and I1. This involves using various circuit laws and equations to determine the values of these currents.

5. How can I verify the accuracy of my solutions for currents in I3, I2, and I1?

You can verify the accuracy of your solutions for currents in I3, I2, and I1 by checking that they satisfy KCL and Ohm's Law. Additionally, you can use a multimeter to measure the actual current values in the circuit and compare them to your calculated values.