Solve Complex Math Problem: Helping My Middle Schooler

• MHB
  • Thread starter giperbolic
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Simplify
In summary, a complex math problem for middle schoolers involves multiple steps and higher level thinking skills, and there are several ways to help them solve these problems such as breaking them down, using visual aids, and encouraging them to explain their thought process. Some common mistakes middle schoolers make when solving complex math problems include not reading the problem carefully and rushing through it without understanding. There are many resources available to help, such as online tutorials and math apps, and you can also reach out to your child's teacher for additional support. To encourage enjoyment in solving complex math problems, you can make it fun and engaging by incorporating games and real-life examples, and praising your child's efforts and progress.
giperbolic
Helping my middle schooler and got hung up with this one.

Simplify and solve:

(630*137+2) / (316+315*136)

I don't see it. Extract 2 from the numerator? Then what?

Any guidance is appreciated.

Mathematics news on Phys.org
got help!

316+315*136=1+315*137

giperbolic said:
got help!

316+315*136=1+315*137

Yes, that's correct, and leads to a quick simplification. :D

Related to Solve Complex Math Problem: Helping My Middle Schooler

What is considered a complex math problem for middle schoolers?

A complex math problem for middle schoolers is typically one that involves multiple steps, requires higher level thinking skills, and may require the use of multiple mathematical concepts.

How can I help my middle schooler solve complex math problems?

There are several ways to help your middle schooler solve complex math problems. Some strategies include breaking the problem down into smaller parts, using visual aids or manipulatives, and encouraging your child to explain their thought process.

What are some common mistakes middle schoolers make when solving complex math problems?

Some common mistakes middle schoolers make when solving complex math problems include not reading the problem carefully, not showing their work, and rushing through the problem without fully understanding it.

What resources are available to help my middle schooler solve complex math problems?

There are many resources available to help your middle schooler solve complex math problems, including online tutorials, math apps, and practice worksheets. You can also reach out to your child's teacher for additional resources and support.

How can I encourage my middle schooler to enjoy solving complex math problems?

To encourage your middle schooler to enjoy solving complex math problems, you can make it a fun and engaging activity by incorporating games, real-life examples, and challenging puzzles. You can also praise your child's efforts and provide positive reinforcement for their progress.